Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
LABEL MANAGER - Believe (Sydney)
Believe Distribution Services is looking for a Label Manager to join its team! They're looking for someone to help expand their offering, enhance service capability and grow their activity in the country.
- A deep passion for music
- Keen attention to details, analytical and result driven
- Excellent organizational and negotiation skills at the highest levels
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of digital music services & independent music in Australia
- A desire to meet short and long-term targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic planning of key priorities with clients
- Applying market knowledge and data analysis, to provide a best in class distribution support to its clients.
- Community building and optimizing channels on online video platforms
- Optimize and enhance the performance of existing clients key priorities and catalog
- Identify new and upcoming labels with long-term development potential
BOOKING AGENT - Vita Music Group (Melbourne)
Vita Artists is an independant boutique booking agency based in Melbourne, working with artists of all genres of music. They are currently looking for a part-time booking agent to join the team!
- Completion of VCE (or national equivalent).
- Outstanding knowledge of office suite, online apps (Dropbox, Google Suite), Email etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth and to maintain team morale with a positive attitude
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Representing a niche roster of artists
- Work directly with Vita’s Directors and their rosters.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with promoters, agents, labels and artist managers
- Booking the live performances of artists (headline shows/tours, pitching for supports, pitching for festivals)
- Coordinating tour schedules with management, promoters and record label, and maintain trusting relationships with all stakeholders of the artists.
- Negotiating and issuing contracts, ensuring deposits are paid and distributing show/tour promotional/marketing material.
- Hitting and exceeding sales targets as well as building ticket links and tracking ticket sales for shows
- Proactively scouting new talent (attending shows, pitching to potential clients, listening for new music and identifying talent)
- Be involved in weekly team meetings and work proactively with colleagues.
- Proactively researching new venues and promoters to find new opportunities for artists.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Head over here to apply!
ASSISTANT, TICKETING SERVICES - Arts Centre (Melbourne)
Melbourne's Art Centre is currently looking for a part time assitant/ticketing services worker to join their team. Situated in the heart of Melbourne’s cultural precinct, Arts Centre Melbourne presents world-class performing arts in a year round exciting program.
- Provide high quality, personalised Ticketing Services through the Contact Centre and Box Offices
- Responding to general enquiries about events and the Centre’s services and facilities
- Responding to administrative enquiries and transfer calls as appropriate
- Delivering other Ticketing Services including the dispatch of tickets, CSI administration, additional data collection
- Invoicing and facilitating order confirmations
- Maintaining and ensuring the accuracy and consistency of customer data
- Proactively deliver personalised services of value that create the ultimate experience before, during and after each visit.
- Provide support to online bookings
- Process single ticket sales, subscriptions, packages and group sales
- Upsell associated products and services to extend and enhance the visitor experience
PROJECT MANAGER - Australian Music Vault (Melbourne)
The Australian Music Vault (AMV) is a celebration of the Australian contemporary music story - past, present and future. Created in collaboration with the music industry, the AMV features a free, permanent exhibition, interactive and digital experiences, iconic objects from Arts Centre Melbourne’s performing Arts Collection and an ongoing calendar of live performances, education programs and public events. They are currently loooking for a project manager to join their team in Melbourne!
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in project management; managing competing deadlines, working on multiple projects simultaneously and delivering projects to tight deadlines and within budget.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of physical and digital exhibition projects: temporary and permanent exhibitions including multimedia experiences, object changeovers and digital projects. Experience in developing exhibition briefs, project documentation including budget tracking, scheduling and reporting, creating tenders, allocating and managing resources including contractors
- Demonstrated experience of contemporary computer systems such as MS Office suite including a working understanding of MS Project and/or other project management software. Familiarity with collection management and location software such as EMu and MV Wise and digital user experience and content management systems beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge of applying best practice museum standards to a variety of media, including a good understanding about safe and effective handling, documentation, packing, transportation, installation, loan and display of cultural material.
- Manage the Australian Music Vault and associated digital and public programming.
- Lead the concept, development and documentation of physical and digital exhibition projects.
- Collaborate with exhibition curators and the Programming and Participation teams to identify and support forums, talks, events and online opportunities.
- Successfully deliver exhibition projects on time, budget and to specifications including best practice museum standards for the preservation of cultural material.
For more information and to apply for this position, check out the listing here.