Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
HEAD OF MUSIC - Dice (Sydney)
As head of music for Australia, your main responsibility will be to win new busniess as Dice launches in your city. You'll be signing and managing partnerships with venues and promotors, developing relationships with established artists, working with managers, agents and labels on artist campaigns, and ultimately build and manage the Music team.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong experience in the music industry
- Can adapt quickly to change
- Passionate about building exceptional and long-lasting partner relationships (artist, manager, agent, promoter etc)
- A strong communicator who enjoys presenting, and doesn’t get intimidated by a room full of strangers
- Experience in public speaking and negotiation
- Leading the team in acquiring new business
- Signing and managing partnerships with venues and promotors
- Developing relationships with established artists
- Work on artist campaigns
- Build and manage the music team
Read more about the London-based company and apply for the Sydney position here.
MUSIC PARTNERSHIP MANAGER - Tixel (Melbourne)
Tixel are looking for a Music Partnership Manager with amazing interpersonal skills to engage new partners and manage their current partnership pool.
- Creative and analytical capabilities
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal)
- Experience working with people, and in teams.
- Good organisational skills
- Experience managing account relationships, dealing with event organisers, working in a start-up or early stage company are considered favourably.
- Setting up and managing ticketing campaigns
- Maintaining good relationships with current client base
- Implementing strategies to help maximise the value of each campaign
If you’ve always wanted to join an early stage company with global potential, you can apply here.
MARKETING ADMINISTRATOR/RECEPTIONIST - Tmrw Music (Sydney)
Tmrw Music are seeking an ambitious entry level marketer to join their recordings team as Marketing Assistant & Receptionist to support the department. You’ll have the chance to get your hands on a wide variety of projects providing assistance on release plans for some of music’s most ground-breaking artists.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred – Marketing, Communications or Business
- 1 year work experience gained in a professional environment
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – particularly Word and Excel
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Experience in managing social media platforms would be seen favourably
- A passion for music and solid understanding of domestic and global electronic music scene.
- General administrative support - updating reports, responding to inbound quieries, answering the front door, assisting with mail deliveries.
- Community management – socials and YouTube
- Utilising basic analytics tools to provide reporting
- Basic Photoshop editing – resizing of images. Training provided.
- Assist with radio send outs through MPE. Training provided.
- Release day admin – product checks, Linkfire set up.
- Executing social plans created by Marketing Manager for labels.
If this sounds like your dance music dream, head over here submit an application.
PRODUCER - Arts Centre Melbourne (Melbourne)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Producer to join the team to work on the development and delivery of a diverse program of performing arts events, projects and programs in the Programming team.
- Experience in working with artists from development stages through to the presentation of new works
- Extensive art form knowledge and specialist skills in at least one major art form;
- Experience working with artists planning and producing arts programs;
- Experience interpreting and coordinating event and venue requirements;
- Experience leading complex and demanding arts projects including budget and resource allocation; and
- Understanding of event marketing, ticketing and technical requirements.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including culturally diverse presenters and artistic teams
- Work with the team to plan and assess future artistic projects
- Develop new initiatives and enhance existing programs
- Lead programming projects from conception to completion
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with artists and presenters
- Negotiate agreements and contracts
- Coordinate with internal departments on ticketing and promotional campaigns
- Manage artist administration and logistics
If you're an experienced producer looking to take the next step in your career, you can apply for this job here.