VENUE MANAGER - THE GASOMETER HOTEL (Melbourne)
Melbourne's beloved Gaso, host of many a late night, seedy Sunday sesh and live local gig, is on the hunt for a new Venue Manager to keep everything in check and allow for one of Smith Street's most adored live venues keep rolling strong before the festival season is upon us.
- At least 3 years experience as a venue manager or general manager at an established music venue
- Practical management skills with a knack for communication
- A passion for local live music
- Overseeing staff and management team
- Ensuring all wage and stock percentages are managed
- Overseeing the bookers
- Running busy services
- Overseeing the kitchen along with the head chef
Keen? Prep your resume, pen a cover letter and follow the link here to apply.
ENTERTAINMENT BOOKING/SALES AGENT - ARTIST NETWORK AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Artist Network is regarded as one of Australia's leading Entertainment, Booking and Touring Agencies and represents some of the most in demand artists in the country as well as international touring acts.They're currently on the hunt for a Sales Agent/Entertainment Booking Agent to work along side their General Manager/Senior Booking Manager with a close knit team based in the inner west of Sydney.
- Keen interest in the Music/Entertainment business
- Knowledge and background in sales is a must
- Minimum typing speed of 40wpm
- Intermediate to High level computer skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Liaise with artists, venues and representatives to plan tours, events and all live bookings
- Support the company in attracting new clients to cultivate and expand the company's roster of exclusive artists
- Arrange bookings for Clients into venues, festivals and events and help build the Company's relationship with its Clients
- Ensure that target budgets as set by the Company are achieved
- General ad hoc duties and correspondence including email and phone calls
- Execution of contracts, booking sheets and worksheets as required
- Gathering information on venue availability, pricing, ticketing, publicity and promotion
- Liaising with artist management, record companies, venues and media
- Handle enquiries from clients
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
WRITER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE - APRA AMCOS (Melbourne)
Regarded as the backbone of the Australian music industry, songwriting and licensing giants APRA AMCOS are currently accepting applications for a Writer Services Representative to join their Melbourne team. This newly created role will see the lucky candidate engage with students, members and the wider music community from across Victoria supporting membership and royalty collection.
- Music Business experience
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Outstanding presentation skills with the confidence to communicate to large groups
- Effective project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Drivers licence and own car essential
- Provide high quality APRA AMCOS membership service to existing and potential members and their representatives
- Deliver presentations to music industry colleges, TAFE and tertiary institutions as part of the APRA AMCOS educational outreach program
- Co-ordinate, budget, facilitate and evaluate Victorian events as required
- Actively promote and establish music industry relationships with APRA AMCOS
Interested? Follow the link here to APRA AMCOS' jobs portal and apply today.
MUSIC FESTIVAL INTERNSHIP (PAID) - FINELY TUNED (Sydney)
Are you a young up-and-comer looking to make a splash in the events industry? If so, this one could be for you. Finely Tuned is seeking a paid intern to assist with the planning, organising and advertising of a variety of projects including Lost Paradise and Lost Picnic from August 2018 - January 2019.
- Must be focused, admin-savvy and a team-worker
- Endeavour to understand the culture, music, events and attendees of our business
- Must have a solid understanding of social media platforms – Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat in particular
- Digital/Photoshop skills an advantage
- Must be able to work from the Bondi office 3 days a week
- Must be available to work at both events as part of the finely tuned team
- Accomodation, meals and transport will be provided to and from Lost Paradise
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feature image via Danny Howe.