Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PUBLICITY MANAGER – UNIFIED MUSIC GROUP (Melbourne)
UNIFIED Music Group, who you may recognise from labels such as UNFD or the annual UNIFY Gathering, is looking for a talented Publicity Manager to join their Melbourne office in a full-time role.
- Public Relations/Journalism/Marketing degree plus practical experience OR minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- High level computer literacy – proficiency across Outlook, Word, Excel, basic accounting software knowledge
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, sensitive to relationships and situations
- Demonstrated true passion for music
UNIFIED Recorded Music
- Create and execute publicity and promotional plans for all UNIFIED Recorded Music releases
- Work with artists, managers and label partners to set media schedules for interviews and other media appearances
- Coordinate promotional schedules with management/label team
- Manage all servicing of album releases to media correctly and on time
- Radio – Work with GM to set up radio schedule and priority list for releases, manage/co-ordinate delivery of music to community, government and commercial radio
- Print – Oversee servicing of promotional materials to all print media
- Online – Oversee servicing of promotional materials to all online media outlets
- Liaise with and maintain relationships with media partners
- Ensure all media lists are kept up-to-date with all relevant contacts
- Write label related press releases
- Ensure all publicity documents are maintained and used
- Ensure you are using the phone and face to face as well as email to contact media
- Manage invoices relating to publicity expenses
- Compile publicity reports for all campaigns
- Document all interviews, reviews and media for each campaign
UNIFY Gathering and UNIFY Presents
- Create and execute publicity and promotional plans for UNIFY Gathering, and selected Unify Presents tours, as approved by GM of Touring & Events
- Work with artists, managers and label partners to set media schedules for interviews and other media appearances at UNIFY
- Act as artist liaison for all on ground media activities
Is this your dream job? Apply here before Monday December 3.
AUDIO PRODUCT MANAGER – RODE MICROPHONES (Sydney)
Are you an expert in the field of audio applications, products and software? This opportunity has your name all over it: Rode Microphones is on the hunt for a new Audio Product Manager to join their team.
- Outstanding leadership and communication qualities to ensure end-to-end project success, bridging any communications gaps between Engineering, NPD, Marketing and Sales
- Strong experience in the development of audio applications – audio plug-ins (AAX, VST, AU), iOS apps and standalone software (PC and MAC) – as well as embedded audio software
- Cutting edge knowledge of digital audio signal processing for both applications and embedded applications
- Deep understanding of the software development cycle
- Good understanding of embedded audio hardware architecture
- Proven industry success in concept to market management of both hardware and software audio products
- Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem solving skills
- Experience managing teams as well as partner and vendor relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player, well-organised and action-and-results oriented
- As a guide, it would be unlikely that you have the depth of experience required to be successful in this role if you have less than ten years’ demonstrated success in Concept to Market delivery of both hardware and software products
Take the next step by uploading your CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria here.
ANNOUNCER – SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO (Bendigo)
If you’re looking for a chance to break into the radio industry, this opportunity at Southern Cross Austereo is well worth a closer look. They’re currently searching for a new announcer at their Bendigo station.
- The ability to carry on-air shifts at a commercial level
- Operational skills and awareness, with relevant experience
- A sound knowledge and understanding of CRA's Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- Competence with commercial radio music scheduling experience
- Genuinely passionate about music, news, current events and a unique perspective
- Work closely with the content director to create engaging and dynamic radio
- Ensure the station’s strategic objectives are achieved through excellent local communication, effective tactical planning/execution and on-air work that makes you stand out
Interested? Apply here with a resume, recent on-air check and cover letter.
Image via Jacek Dylag.