Mixdown Magazine is Australia’s only free dedicated music street press designed for musicians, engineers and fans of music. We’re looking for a new Digital Editor/Advertising & Content salesperson to join our team located in Brunswick East.
The ideal candidate is deeply passionate about music and music gear/engineering. This full-time position will see you lead and grow Mixdown’s online and social channels, as well contribute to the Advertising & Content sales for online and print.
- Write, commission and edit daily news and features. You’ll be curating Mixdown’s online content
- Understanding the Mixdown tone of voice and audience, and commissioning accordingly
- Manage writing contributors
- Sub-edit copy to a high standard
- Social media management and posting. Understanding our social media strategy to drive growth (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Manage your own content and social media calendar
- Report with weekly and monthly KPIs ensuring growth targets are met
- Advertising and content sales, and coordination for Mixdown’s print, online and video content
- Building relationships with potential clients, and maintaining current client relationships
- Strong passion and knowledge for music and musical equipment. You’re the kind of person who lives and breathes music
- Experience in content creation, with impeccable grammar and an ability to deliver content quickly and efficiently
- Ability to edit other people’s work to a high standard
- Excited to hit KPIs and growth targets across the site and social channels
- Good at building relationships and communicating with clients
- Understanding of Google Analytics, social analytics, and writing for SEO is a bonus
- Ability to interpret data to suggest strategy changes as required is a bonus
Does this sound like you? If so, submit three links of published written work in the music or music gear field, along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.