After causing a bit of a stir in the gear sphere upon debut at Superbooth back in May, further details have emerged about the UDO Super 6, a 12 voice hybrid analogue polysynth that's bound to make a lot of people very, very excited.
The debut offering from the Bristol-based music-tech firm harkens back to the designs of classic '80s polysynths from the likes of Roland and Yamaha, presenting a smattering of knobs, sliders and switches that scream to be fiddled with. As an analogue-hybrid synth (the sound engine is based around a hybrid FPGA platform with analogue voices), the Super 6 features a 7-core super-wavetable oscillator with 'Waveform Download' as its main oscillator, while a second DDS oscillator offers FM, sync, X-Fade and sub-oscillator modes to create an array of futuristic sounds.
The Super 6 also presents users with an array of LFOs and envelopes, which are linked to a modulation matrix for warbling and wonky soundscaping, while an arpeggiator, step sequencer and 24-bit stereo effects engine offers digital delay and a Juno-esque chorus mode. However, it's the Binaural Signal Path which really puts the Super 6 in a league of its own - when you're in Binaural mode, each channel becomes a complete synthesiser, allowing you to tweak and detune oscillators to create wild stereo sounds. This essentially takes a traditional 12-voice stereo field and mashes it up to create six stacked 'Super Voices'. Absolutely massive.
Check out the specs list in full below. International preorders for the UDO Super 6 have opened - however, there's no news yet on who'll be distributing these bad boys down under.
UDO Super 6 Synthesiser Specs
- 12-Voice Polyphonic Analogue Hybrid Synthesiser
- 4 Octave Fatar Keyboard with Velocity and Aftertouch, Expression and Sustain
- Binaural Analog Signal Path for Stereo Movement and Spatial Effects
- 7-core Super-Wavetable Main Oscillator with Waveform Download
- DDS Oscillator 2 with FM, Sync, Sub Oscillator and X-Fade Modes
- Flexible Hybrid FPGA & Analog Voice Architecture
- Robustly Built with Solid, Playable Controls
- Multi-purpose Flexible LFOs, Envelopes & Modulation Matrix
- Arpeggiator & Step Sequencer
- External Audio Input with Audio Trigger
- Dual Stereo 24-bit Digital Effects
Head to UDO's website to find out more.