Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
ACCOUNT MANAGER - UNIVERSAL MUSIC PUBLISHING GROUP (Sydney)
Music industry big-wigs Universal Music are on the hunt for a talented individual to join the team and assist in the management of accounts and operations. Ideally you'll be Sydney based, and will have had previous experience in account management with a passion for music and the industry.
- Proven ability in a Client Relations/ Account Managing role
- Basic understanding of music copyright & production music
- Experience or interest in digital music technology, music marketing & promotion, audio production
- Appreciation and passion for music
- Client management, servicing and communication, across Australia and New Zealand, with the responsibility of ‘top tier’ clients from the UPPM customer base
- To foster strong client relationships and drive synch revenue
- General music supervision as well as initiating proactive and targeted music pitching via album highlight emails
- Provide creative and quality customized playlists via the website
- Product presentation to clients and providing creative music supervision around our entire Universal Production Music catalogue
- Identify and secure new business opportunities
- Development of entertainment initiatives for the entire UPPM department
- Ensure clients have access to catalogue either via a website or hard drive or network
- Ensure client management systems are up to date, with regular contact with the broader team
- Delivery of marketing, promotional and entertainment initiatives within budget
- Actively involved in the creative development and production of the locally produced Vitamin A label
Check out Pedestrian's job portal for more information.
HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS - SPOTIFY AUNZ (Sydney)
Want to challenge yourself in one of the biggest communications roles in Australia's music streaming sector? Spotify Australia & New Zealand are seeking a switched on, highly experienced marketing expert to assume a lead role as Head of Communications in their Sydney office.
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years relevant communications with direct experience working in Consumer PR, digital, media, entertainment and music industry PR, or in the tech industry in Australia
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast paced, global environment; public company preferable
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic PR campaigns; solid experience working cross functionally to produce strong results a plus
- Solid media contacts and relationships in entertainment, music and tech community
- Well-versed in shaping the narrative, creative storytelling across a variety of communications channels and audiences
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on attitude
- Team player who thinks and acts globally, even when directly dealing with a local challenge
- Ability to multitask and work in a hectic and extremely fast-moving industry and environment without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to work across all levels, no task is too big or too small
- Strong project management and agency management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Of course, an ever-enthusiastic representative of the Spotify brand
- AUNZ Comms Strategy: Lead the development, refining, and execution of a communications strategy for your markets, with Australia being the primary focus
- Media Relations: Build and maintain strong relations with key media across AUNZ in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage
- Consumer Communications: Set local strategy and implement communications campaigns across all channels, supporting influencer and partner engagement, along with supporting Spotify’s owned content strategy
- Corporate Communications: Lead all communications activities across AUNZ on behalf of Spotify, support senior executives and their activities, telling proactive stories that are aligned with Spotify’s reputation priorities
- Crisis Communications: Manage and oversee short-term reactive communications for your markets, including making smart assessments of the situation, creating a plan and acting quickly to get stakeholder buy-in, including developing reactive statements and key messages
- Music & Podcast Industry Communications: Communicate Spotify’s value to the creator audience and our work to connect artists/creators and fans by building relationships and understanding market challenges. Position Spotify as the #1 destination for Music and Podcasts and the leader in audio.
- Trade Communications: Build Spotify’s profile as a leading advertising platform to brand and marketing trade audiences
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage and drive buy-in from senior level stakeholders at the highest level across the business, including the AUNZ management team and regional stakeholders
- Internal Communications: Set local strategy and lead internal communications activities in AUNZ
- Agency Management: Manage PR agency support in the AUNZ: Provide the brief, direction and ongoing guidance to the agency
Head to Linkedin to apply today.
NATIONAL ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR - MUSICA VIVA (Melbourne)
Musica Viva exists to make Australia a more musical place! They're the largest presenter of chamber music and a leader in the provision of music education in the classroom in Australia, and they want you to join their Melbourne team to help drive national engagement.
- Proven track record in, and enthusiasm for, effective administration.
- Innovative and imaginative disposition with an appreciation for the arts.
- Experience in marketing or demonstrated understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A confident and articulate telephone manner together with excellent listening skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and understanding of customer and stakeholder relationship management.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under supervision and self-manage.
- Ability to use or be trained in using a CRM (customer relationship management) database (training in Tessitura will be provided).
- In consultation with the Deputy CEO, implement an annual state-based marketing strategy and cross-promotional activities for relevant MVA activities.
- Oversee the Victorian Office’s operational and administrative requirements, including events and marketing activities.
- Coordinate effective and sustained relationships with patrons and stakeholders.
- Provide information for reports to MVA National office, funding bodies and other stakeholders.
- Provide executive support to the Deputy General Manager