Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
FENDER MUSIC AUSTRALIA - FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (Sydney)
Fender Music Australia, the Australian subsidiary of the worlds leading guitar and amplification manufacturer, is currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced accountant to join the team as Financial Accountant for their Sydney offices.
- CPA/CA Qualified
- SAP Experience – minimum 2 years
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Financial Accounting position or equivalent
- Experience in the provision of financial and management reporting
- Knowledge of Australian GAAP, and the ability to apply technical accounting concepts
- The ability to work in a continuous improvement environment
- Analytical with a great attention to detail
- Establishing processes, controls and best practice within the accounting team
- Monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Management of ledgers and inventory
- Analysing financial information to initiate and implement appropriate business procedures
For more information on this position and to apply, visit Fender Music Australia’s SEEK profile here.
RODE MICROPHONES - SENIOR ACOUSTIC AND TRANSDUCER ENGINEER (Sydney)
RØDE Microphones - a uniquely Australian owned and operated audio company - leads the world in the design and manufacture of microphones and sound technology. They are now looking for a Senior Acoustic and Transducer Engineer to join their growing team.
- Tertiary qualified Acoustic Engineer
- A minimum of 10 years' experience
- Excellent understanding of acoustic and electro-acoustic principles
- Experienced in transducer design and vibration isolation solutions
- In depth knowledge of microphones and microphone techniques, with experience with acoustic measurement techniques
- Meticulous attention to detail and process-orientated approach
- Self-disciplined team player, able to work in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Good written and verbal communication to all internal and external stakeholders
- Responsibility for the successful deployment of all new acoustic and electro-acoustic solutions
- Staying up to date with the latest in acoustics/electro-acoustics research and manufacturing processes
- Pushing the limits of transducer design to set new standards
- Ensuring all projects uphold a high standard of functional and technical performance – in line with the RODE brand
- Manage inputs from key stakeholders
To apply, visit the job profile here with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
MALL MUSIC MACQUARIE CENTRE - STORE MANAGER (Sydney)
Mall Music is a renowned music retail business with two stores currently operating in two separate Sydney precincts, with a current opening for a store management position available at the Macquarie Centre.
- Proven track record in senior sales or management.
- A strong abaility to sell a diverse range of musical instruments, most importantly the right instrument and add-ons to suit the customers needs and experience.
- Necessary organisational skills to balance customer service with administrative duties.
- A creative mindset for business acumen.
- A driven passion for music with motivation to continually learn and improve product, brand and technological knowledge.
For more information and details on how to apply, visit the job profile here, and answer these four questions in your cover letter:
- Why do you want to be part of the Mall Music team?
- Why do you want a career in music retail?
- What are 3-5 music brands you follow on social media?
- Put yourself in the shoes of Mall Music customer and describe what your ultimate customer experience would entail.
SUM MANAGEMENT - MUSIC PUBLICIST (Sydney)
The team behind boutique Music Management agency SUM Management are launching a new Music PR agency to specialise in music, arts and creative based publicity campaigns. Based in a Bondi Beach location, SUM are looking for someone to join the new business with publicity experience to work across a wide roster of artist publicity as well as individual campaigns.
- A minimum of one years experience in music publicity
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills working across a Mac including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop (optional)
- An enthusiastic passion and love for music and the arts
- A thorough knowledge of national and international media platforms, including having existing relationships and knowledge of writers.
- A strong understanding of the Australian music and arts industry, including online, radio, digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple Music and more.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Liaising with local and national media across all platforms including online, radio, print and TV
- Manage publicity projects for national and international touring artists, local arts projects, events and more.
- Creating and maintaining media lists and publicity schedules as well as a strong knowledge and interest of media outlets both locally and internationally
- Writing creative copy for press releases, bio material and pitches
- Developing strategies and timelines for campaign pitch, roll-out and outcomes
- Scheduling on-ground promotional opportunities
- Utilising and building networks to create a community for our clients
- Understanding of social media and importance of connecting with fanbase
To apply for this role, send through your resume and covering letter to Meg Collins by following this link.
AUSTRALIAN RADIO NETWORK - DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER (Sydney)
ARN (Australian Radio Network) is one of Australia's most progressive and dynamic media and entertainment companies with a portfolio of brands including the KIIS Network, Pure Gold Network, 96fm and Edge radio brands as well as music streaming and internet radio platform iHeartRadio. ARN is currently seeking a Digital Content Producer to assist in the creation of KISS national radio program ‘The Thinkergirls.’
- Experience in producing content for either radio, television or online.
- Strong proficiency and ability in video/photo shooting and editing within quick turnarounds.
- An ability to work autonomously and can prioritise and organise resources while maintaining quality and attention to detail.
- An energy, hunger and passion for digital and be a leader in the digital space
- A creative ability to produce, write, edit and post produce multimedia content.
- A good knowledge of online design standards and the design constraints/capabilities on the internet.
- Understanding of content publishing via a CMS
- Skilled in social media platforms and the ability to create social media strategies
- Proficient Adobe Creative Cloud Skills including Photoshop & video editing with Adobe Premiere
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Developing/sourcing, creating and publishing content for our websites across the network with a particular focus on KIIS 1065 / KIIS 101.1
- Producing commercial content to create exciting multi-platform campaigns.
- Generating innovative ideas that will attract new audiences through unique multimedia content
- Creating entertaining daily content extending from our shows, presenters and station priorities.
- Designing promotional material for KIIS and our clients for online and social use.
- Filming and editing videos for our shows and presenters to a high quality on a tight turn around
- Interaction, growth and assisting our team's use of social media best practice.
For more information and details on how to apply for this role, visit ARN’s SEEK profile here and submit an application before Friday August 25.
TEMPEST MUSIC - SALES CONSULTANT/MUSIC SPECIALIST (Perth)
Tempest Music is currently looking for a Sales Consultant/Music Specialist to join their team and continue their mission as Perth’s leading music retail store.
- Two-three years of relevant experience in retail sales and office procedures.
- An extreme level of attention to detail and neatness.
- Self motivated and able to work closely with others as required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- The ability to work under high pressure situations.
- Must possess experience on at least one Classical Musical Instrument.
- Be well presented, punctual and personable.
- A current drivers license is essential
For more information and to apply for this position, visit Tempest Music’s SEEK profile and click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
MEGA MUSIC - GUITAR SALES (Perth)
Mega Music are currently accepting applications for a Guitar Sales position at their Perth store. If you are comfortable helping a range of people from beginners, to aspiring musicians and professionals find the guitar equipment they need, this could be your perfect job.
- You enjoy being part of a team and working with people in a great work culture.
- You are passionate about guitar gear and have a good working knowledge of electric guitars, acoustic guitars, guitar amplifiers and guitar accessories.
- You are self motivated and enthusiastic, willing to help out in any area of the store.
- You have good attention to detail and are willing to go the extra mile in serving customers
- You have retail sales experience and can relate and speak appropriately to customers from a range of age groups and backgrounds.
If you match this criteria and wish to apply, send your CV and covering letter through to email@example.com