Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
SIDNEY MYER MUSIC BOWL - ASSISTANT VENUE MANAGER / SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER (Melbourne)
The Melbourne Arts Centre is seeking both an Assistant Venue Manager and a Special Events Manager to be part of the Sidney Myer Music Bowl team, bringing a plethora of live music, arts, and culture to Melbourne.
- Relevant tertiary degree or qualification and previous experience in venue and events management
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service with a pro-active approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills, including experience planning and facilitating events
- Experience in managing venue specific requirements of presenters, ticketing, visitor experience and food and beverage
- Experience in building strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable initiative and ability to work both autonomously and as part of a small team
- Valid drivers license
SECRET SOUNDS – FINANCE MANAGER (Sydney)
Secret Sounds, the touring group behind Splendour in the Grass and Falls Festival, are currently seeking a full time Finance Manager to join their Sydney offices and operate the the financial specifications of the business.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- CA or CPA qualified
- Working knowledge of Australian GST, FBT and WHT
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working within a creative, fast paced environment
- Day-to-day management of finances for flagship events such as Splendour in the Grass and Falls Festival
- Budget preparation, forecasting, and commercial analysis
- Month end accounting and variance analysis
To apply for this position, send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE WOOLLY MAMMOTH – MARKETING AND EVENTS MANAGER (Brisbane)
The Woolly Mammoth, Brisbane’s premier venue for craft beer and live music enthusiasts, is currently seeking a Marketing and Events Manager to facilitate the booming popularity of the Fortitude Valley business.
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar role within a large organisation, preferably within the hospitality industry
- Relevant degree in marketing and or events
- Proven ability managing large scale functions and events, ensuring client and guest expectations are met and exceeded
- Proven ability to process high volumes of information in a timely and accurate manner and to deadlines.
- Advanced understanding of social media platforms
- Effervescent personality and an ability to build rapport with strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent negotiating and customer service skills
- Sound computer skills in Microsoft Office, with graphic design skills highly regarded
- Development and management of the marketing calendar
- Financial management (including reporting)
- Conceptualising and implementing regular events
- Providing exceptional customer service and co-ordination
- Managing the integrity of the reservation system and database
- Managing social media in relation to events and functions
- Database marketing activities and customer communications
- Driving function sales
For more details and information on how to apply for this position, visit The Woolly Mammoth’s job listing here.
APRA AMCOS – OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR AND LIVE MUSIC VENUE COORDINATOR (Melbourne)
APRA AMCOS is seeking an enthusiastic, vibrant and organised person to work in our Melbourne office with the primary responsibility of ensuring smooth running of the Victorian operations. This role is crucial to the operation of the Business & Events Licensing team and also has responsibility for coordinating the Dedicated Live Music Venues project to ensure the timely collection of data via the relevant State Event Representatives.
- Experience dealing with customers and clients in a front of house position or a similar role
- Exceptional level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Competent numeracy skills including knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Timeline compliance and organisational and prioritisation skills
- Acting as the first point of contact/ front of house, meeting and greeting clients both in person and over the phone
- Ensuring the office is maintained to a high standard, overseeing facilities, storage areas and general office functionality
- Organising the annual conference for Business & Events Licensing
- Travel Bookings and concur expense reconciliation
- Set up for training sessions/special events/ video conferences
- Ensuring stock levels of catering supplies & office products are maintained
- Incoming and outgoing mail duties
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume including two previous employer referee contacts to Jason Ireland at email@example.com by close of business Friday August 4 2017.
FOUNDRY RECORDS – RECORD STORE MANAGER AND BARISTA (Brisbane)
Foundry Records, an iconic record store and café located in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, is currently seeking a full-time music-minded barista to take the next step in their career and manage the retail specifics of the business.
- 12 months minimum barista experience essential.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and entertaining skills to deliver memorable customer experience
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Team leader or Management experience is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of applications such as Word, Excel, Google Apps for Work, and Facebook.
- Interest in Brisbane's Music scene is highly advantageous
- Working closely with management towards the goal of amazing customer service, to the point where they become active promoters of your venue.
- Reading music trends and ordering vinyl appropriately.
- Effectively prioritising daily activities and rosters.
- Preparing and maintaining the stock and display to detailed standards.
- Serving food and drinks.
- Closely working with management to develop their own career and that of the company.
For more details and information on how to apply, check out the job listing here.