Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
BROADSHEET – EDITOR (Sydney)
Broadsheet Media is looking for an editor to take Australia's leading city guide into the future, cementing the publication as essential reading for a growing Sydney audience. This is a key role within Broadsheet and an opportunity to have a real impact in one of Australia's most recognised, reputable and innovative digital publishers.
- At least three years’ experience in a high level editorial role
- Demonstrated experience in digital publishing – including gathering (and ideally, breaking) news, editorial judgment, social media, audience management and innovative use of emerging technologies
- A diverse network across Sydney culture
- Experience in managing a team of journalists, photographers and staff
- Excellent experience as a writer and copy editor
- Great people skills
- Exceptional time management and organisation
- Initiative, with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, with a small team, and under the pressure of a constant deadline
- Drive and ambition to further Broadsheet’s objectives
- Manage all editorial on Broadsheet Sydney publications and platforms –sourcing, editing, commissioning and publishing the optimal mix of stories for both existing and new Sydney audiences
- Increase the Broadsheet Sydney audience and awareness of the publication
- Build editorial strategy based on traffic analysis
- Maintain a credible, consistent, relevant, honest and engaging editorial voice across all platforms and publications: website, social media channels and print
- Foster and manage a team of contributors & interns
- Manage and operate within a budget
- Stay on top of, and plugged into, Sydney life, personalities, contacts, culture and style
- Tell the compelling stories of Sydney culture in thoughtful and unique ways, and react quickly to report breaking news
- Attend events, openings, launches and exhibitions relevant to Broadsheet
- Be across latest developments in technology related to publishing and social media
- Work with the Brand Integration team to facilitate branded content
To apply for this position, send your resume, two examples of your writing, and a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria, what you can bring the organisation and what you think Broadsheet’s strengths and opportunities for improvement to email@example.com.
APRA AMCOS – SENIOR HR BUSINESS PARTNER (Sydney)
Responsible for the royalties and licensing of nearly 90,000 Australian musicians, APRA AMCOS is currently seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to drive the implementation of HR strategy across various departments and service functions.
- Tertiary / post-graduate qualifications in HR Management.
- AHRI Certification and certification in conflict resolution would be an advantage.
- 5-8 years in an independent HR Business Partner role, partnering with multiple business leaders.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law, including Employment Awards, the Fair Work Act and the National Employment Standards, with the ability to apply this knowledge in workplace situations.
- Excellent understanding of HR best practice and the ability to apply this to employee relations cases.
- Strong report writing ability, catering for different audiences.
- Demonstrated supervisory / coaching experience.
- Experience of performance management and working within defined policies and procedures.
- Experience with organisational change projects including restructures.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in implementing HR software solutions – iCHRIS an advantage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office packages
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Provide professional, business-focused, day to day HR services to the designated client group, including recruitment, performance management, grievances, advising on relevant legislation and award interpretation and annual salary reviews.
- Coach management to facilitate effective and consistent people management, and build management capability.
- Constructively challenge decisions which are not in the best interests of the organisation.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Build shared understanding and ownership of the organisation’s purpose, values, strategies, plans and desired culture. Actively model these values and behaviours. Be an ambassador for the organisation and for HR.
- Support the Director, HR in the development, evolution and implementation of the people strategy.
If this opportunity interests you, please send through a cover letter outlining your relevant experience along with an up-to-date resume by close of business Monday September 11 2017 to Kirti Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BYRON BAY BLUESFEST – DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST (Byron Bay)
Byron Bay Bluesfest, one of Australia’s most renowned music and cultural festivals, is currently seeking a Digital Marketing genius for a new position based in Byron Bay. Responsible for bringing acts from Kendrick Lamar to Bob Dylan to our shores, Bluesfest is looking to expand its operations.
- At least three years’ experience working in a digital marketing role in a fast paced, high performance environment
- Experience in building, implementing and optimising Google display and search campaigns, as well sa creating and optimising targeted Facebook ad campaigns
- Experience managing and segmenting customer databases – excellent Excel skills are a must
- A basic understanding of HTML and familiarity with Mail Chimp
- The ability to produce and analyse reports across various digital marketing tools (Google Analytics, MailChimp, Survey Monkey etc)
- Exceptional attention to detail and be extremely organised
- Graphic design and video editing skills will be looked upon extremely favourably
- Comfortable working outside regular hours around the festival (over Easter long weekend)
- Implementing integrated Digital Marketing Campaigns for Bluesfest and Bluesfest Touring
- Social Media moderation and management across channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Managing SEO and SEM
- Building and sending EDMs
- Content generation
- Managing databases
- Updating our websites
- Reporting on website performance via Google Analytics and make recommendations for improvement
- Tracking, measuring and reporting on digital marketing campaigns
- Updating and optimising content across digital, mobile and social media channels
- Collating reports
To apply, send your cover letter and current resume to Jennifer at Jennifer.email@example.com.
CAPTIVE VISION POSTERS – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Sydney)
Captive Vision Posters, the team responsible for plastering dozens of music, film, and arts posters around the streets of Sydney every day, are currently seeking an individual to join their team and assist in the development of their organisation.
- A proven background in sales
- A passionate interest for music or the arts
- Experience in scheduling, developing, and finalizing deals with clients
- The ability to build and maintain prosperous interpersonal relationships with staff and clients
For more information on this position and details on how to apply, check out Captive Vision Posters website here.
FRONTLINE RETAIL – STORE MANAGER (Warnambool)
Frontline Retail, one of Australia’s leading music, film, books and culture outlets, is currently seeking an experienced store manager to be in charge of their Warrnambool store.
- Previous leadership and management experience in retail
- Proven track record of sales and KPI achievement
- Excellent communication, conversational and interpersonal skills
- Business and Financial Acumen and proven experience
- Experience in dealing with high levels of stock volume and merchandising
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences every single time
- Strong commitment to developing a successful and winning team
- Flexibility with work timings and available to work on weekends
- An understanding of and commitment to Health & Safety standards
For more information on this position and details on how to apply, visit Frontline Retail's SEEK profile here.