Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
UNIFED MUSIC GROUP – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Melbourne)
UNIFIED Music Group is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant to join their offices in Richmond. With an expanding roster of Australian and international artists including Northlane, In Hearts Wake, and Ocean Grove, this is an excellent entry level opportunity into music administration.
- 1–2 years of previous experience in administration, with a preference for logistics and schedule management.
- A strong understanding of operational tasks including deadlines, analysis, and reporting on results.
- Excellent grammar, email etiquette and communication skills.
- Working with and supporting the CEO, COO, and Office Co-ordinator on various business administration tasks.
- Assisting the operation of the Melbourne office.
For more information, check out the job description here and follow the prompts to apply.
PPCA – DISTRIBUTION ASSISTANT – MUSIC INDUSTRY (Sydney)
The Phonographic Performance Company of Australia Limited is a national non-profit organisation that represents the interest of record companies and Australian recording artists, specialising in the licensing, collection and distribution of monies for protected recordings and music videos. Representing artists such as A.B Original, Angus and Julia Stone and Eskimo Joe, PPCA are currently seeking a full-time Distribution Assistant to join their team in Sydney.
- Previous experience with royalty accounting or copyrighting in the music industry.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, with a particular emphasis on Excel.
- Data entry experience.
- Liaising with artists, mangers, and record labels regarding their track registrations with PPCA.
- Assisting with the maintenance of track registration information, with a focus on the resolution of duplicate registrations on the online database.
- Assisting in the processing of track play information to distribute licensing fees collected to registered artists and recording labels.
For more information and details on how to apply, please visit the job description and follow the prompts to apply.
ABC CLASSIC FM - EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, PROGRAMS (Sydney/Melbourne)
Are you passionate about all things classical? Know your Brahms from your Beethoven? If so, then the ABC is seeking a creative and dynamic leader with a background in classical music to join ABC Classic FM as Executive Producer of Programs in either Sydney or Melbourne.
- Proven experience in radio and exceptional editorial skills
- A strong background and passion for classical music, with the ability to create content that connects to the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills, including strong leadership qualities.
- Experience in strategy and project development to attract and maintain audiences.
- Working with the ABC Classic FM leadership team to develop and implement editorial strategies for network content, including events such as the annual Classic 100 Countdown.
- Monitoring and evaluating broadcast and digital content standards.
- Providing feedback, editorial direction and programming advice to content teams.
- Motivating and inspiring program teams in creativity and innovation.
To apply, visit the job description here and click the Apply Now button to begin.
BIRD'S BASEMENT – PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER (Melbourne)
Bird's Basement, Melbourne’s premier jazz establishment, is currently seeking a Public Relations Manager to join their team and help spread the good word of jazz around the country.
- 5+ years experience in Public Relations Management, preferably within the music industry.
- Suitable related tertiary qualification.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A creative eye for detail and the ability to think outside the box to solve problems.
To apply, please send your resume along with your ID photo to HR@ubertas.com.au
SENNHEISER – TRADE MARKETING MANAGER (Sydney)
Sennheiser is a world-renowned developer and manufacturer of premium products in the audio technology space. Headquartered in Germany and with a presence across 90 countries with a mission to deliver premium sound technology equipment to musicians, sound technicians and music lovers alike, Sennheiser are currently seeking a Trade Marketing Manager to join their Sydney team.
- Proven and demonstrated experience as Trade Marketing Manager, preferably within the audio industry.
- A strong understanding of marketing and sales lifecycles within a technology environment.
- A strong understanding of contemporary marketing issues, solutions, policies and legislative requirements.
- The ability to foster and maintain professional relationships with various clients and global stakeholders.
- Fluency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Researching and recommending marketing initiatives and programs that aligns with business strategy.
- Constantly monitoring market information to ensure competitiveness.
- Identify and propose business share and market enhancement ideas and promotional initiatives.
- Integrate with Business Group heads and Sales teams to understand new product development and requirements.
For more details and information on how to apply, visit the link here.