Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
HEAD OF MUSIC - Katarzyna Group (Brisbane)
Katarzyna Group, who has brought you Family, Cloudland, The Island Gold Coast, Empire Hotel, Press Club, Duke's Parlour, Bunk Backpackers and Birdees is looking for a 'Head Of Music' to join their team.
- A demonstrated passion for a wide range of music and performance
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role, booking local, national and international artists - and controlling a music and performance program across a multi-venue operation
- Proven knowledge of a broad range of music genres
- Extensive industry contacts and networks
- Proven experience in successfully working as part of a wider organisational team: including (but not limited to) marketing, promoters, venue management, finance teams.
- Define and execute the music policy and direction for the Katarzyna venues
- Booking DJs, bands, performers and entertainment for the Katarzyna venues
- Develop resident teams of DJs, bands and performers at each Katarzyna venue
- Work with Marketing and Head Promoters to drive the promotion of each venue
- Manage, analyse and give feedback to performers to tailor performances in line with the music policy, marketing and operational needs
- Develop ideas and concepts for venue promotion in conjunction with the Marketing team to drive the promotion of each venue
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information on performance, competitors, opportunities and threats
- Coordinate and attend meetings when required to aid business and organisational development.
- Liaise with Venue and Marketing Managers on performance requirements
- Develop key relationships and networks throughout the performance and music industries, including music agents, to maximise ongoing opportunities
- Maintain administration and relevant reporting and planning systems
- Maintain the venue's image and reputation at all times and protect and develop the company's brands via appropriate PR activities
- Research and exploit new, creative music and performance concepts and avenues
- Ability to manage, implement and meet budgets and forecasts.
For more information and to submit an application, head over here.
CONTENT CREATOR - The Brag Media (Sydney)
The Brag Media is a music and entertainment publisher aimed towards Gen Z and millennial audiences across their channels. They are currently searching for a creative thinker, with a can-do attitude to join their Commercial team as their content creator. You will be directly involved in the creative process for client campaigns, including writing native content, social copy, creating video scripts, mood boards, storyboards and content briefs to colleagues and external stakeholders.
- 2+ years (preferred) branded content and digital long-form writing experience
- An understanding of digital marketing and brand differentiation
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in either digital or communications
- Social media and community management experience
- The ability to think outside the box is essential
- Collaborate with commercial team (sales and campaigns management team) on conceptualising creation and delivery of content i.e variety of video, written articles and custom web activation\’s.
- Collaborate with the campaigns team before and during campaign live dates to ensure all creative is delivered as per brief.
- Work with the wider team to identify creative concepts for clients that meet brief expectations and deliver value to both clients and The Brag Media.
- Develop strategies for generating meaningful content that garners a high volume of visits and encourages awareness and excitement around our content
- Collaborate when required with the content team for additional support
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, submit an application here.
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER - Southern Cross Austereo (Sydney)
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across aportfolio of multimedia brands with the big shows, and the best talent, and exciting events across Australia. They are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Digital Content Producer to join their content team based on in Sydney. If you have a talent for engaging fans on social media, producing and editing video and getting others excited about the creation of digital content, they want to hear from you.
- Experience in producing digital content and managing social media accounts
- Video production and editing skills with photography skills advantageous
- A love for celebrity entertainment, sports, music trends and local culture
- The ability to recognise, write, create and develop great audio/visual content across multiple channels
- Experience in using industry standard photo, audio and video editing software, ideally Adobe Creative Cloud
- Understanding of web based tools and experiences using content management systems
- Creating, producing and executing great visual and engaging editorial content
- Working with other local network brands to create editorial content
- Having a strong input into the ongoing development of the digital content strategy across their sites
- Having a strong imput into the ongoing development of their social media and mobile platforms
- Producing and editing videos
- Engaging fans on social media
Click here to apply!
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND REPORTING DEVELOPER - Sony Music (Sydney)
Sony Music ANZ is currently looking for an Oracle and Tableau expert BI and Reporting Developer to join their small IS&T team in Darlinghurst. You will primarily support the Australian and New Zealand company needs. In this role, you will leverage correspondence with colleagues from other affiliates to provide innovative insights on a vast data set to help drive effective marketing spend and campaigns, whilst helping to streamline the incumbent processes.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Extensive experience in Oracle including forms and reports
- XML JSON ingestion
- *nix Scripting
- Proficiency in AIX
- Experience with BI applications (business objects, flow, power BI)
- AWS industry experience (Lambda, API Gateway)
- Experience in front end development (Angular 5+)
- Experienced in Tableau dashboard design, report writing and server publishing
- Proficiency in Alteryx with Redshift and Oracle integrations
- Oracle DB Developer (PL/SQL expert)
- Proficient in JIRA/GIT
- Excellent internal and external customer facing skills
- Ability to work with varying personalities and levels of seniority
- Ability to troubleshoot and work autonomously
- High attention to detail on documentation and process compliance
- Understanding and appreciation for a high security environment
- Design Tableau workbooks for departmental needs
- Work closely with the marketing and finance team to provide useful insights
- Monitor and maintain company interface requirements (XML, JSON, API’s)
- Maintain and design front end UI to data warehouse (currently Oracle Forms – moving to Angular)
- Provide timely ad-hoc reporting across Oracle and Redshift databases
- Maintain AIX/Oracle platform
If you've got what it takes, head over here and submit an application!
NATIVE CONTENT EDITOR - Pedestrian TV (Sydney)
Pedestrian Group is on the hunt for an organised, creative and solution-focused Native Content Editor to join their team. The role requires a creative problem-solver to cover Pedestrian.TV, Business Insider, POPSUGAR, Gizmodo, Kotaku & Lifehacker. You'll need to be a savvy operator who can understand brand voice and tailor each piece of content to suit a unique audience – all while creatively integrating a client’s objectives in the process.
- At least 2 years editorial experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in media, communication or journalism
- Out-of-the-box ideas and creative solutions
- The ability to marry external branding requirements with our publications’ tone of voice
- Experience working to tight deadlines and ability to manage different projects concurrently
- The flexibility to work after hours when necessary
- Experience managing at least one direct report
- Producing native content, including everything from news announcements to social posts and longer-form lifestyle, technology and culture content.
- Attending brainstorms daily and work with our sales team to create engaging content solutions without losing sight of tone
- Be able to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Protecting the editorial integrity of all Pedestrian Group’s publications
- Managing daily workflow and deadlines of campaigns
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, head to Pedestrian's website to submit an application.