Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
LABEL MANAGER – CONCORD MUSIC (Melbourne)
Based in Caroline Australia’s Melbourne office, Concord Music is home to a huge range of record labels covering a broad roster of artists such as St. Vincent, Denzel Curry, Santana, Elvis Costello and more. They’re on the hunt for a new Label Manager to oversee all aspects of the current roster of Concord artists.
- Secondary HSC or equivalent
- Tertiary/TAFE Marketing Diploma or Degree (preferable but not essential)
- Professional current drivers licence
- Excellent knowledge of artists and labels signed to Concord Music
- Excellent understanding of the music business, the local market and Concord’s position therein
- Strong knowledge of the marketplace, the digital space and how this effects the creation and rollout of marketing campaigns
- Must have an understanding across multiple genres of contemporary recorded music
- Must have 2 years' experience working in music industry
- Must have a passion for the music and a deep understanding of music business practices, trading terms and conditions
- Commercial understanding of Concord Music and UMA and the functionality of all its divisions specifically in relation to their marketing requirements
- Excellent understanding of marketing and consumer behaviour
- Excellent understanding of social networking, new technologies and sales opportunities
- Positive engagement with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Great diplomacy skills
- Conduct bi-weekly review to present plans/initiatives to achieve targets
- Liaise with local promoters for potential touring opportunities
- Ensure marketing plans relate to and target the artists’ community and consumer behaviour
- Work with and maintain excellent relationships with all the Concord Music labels as well as Artist Management
- Work with Labels/Artist Management to set the strategy/vision for the artist/project
- Communicate with Labels/Artist Management on artist/project progress, challenges and opportunities
- Liaise with Labels/Artist Management regarding marketing investments, pricing, promotion, promotional tours and all aspects of artist/project activity
- Work with Labels/Artist Management in securing assets required
- Understand the general media environment in Australia
- An ability to connect with artists from all genres represented by Concord music while in the market
- Check and authorise invoices as appropriate.
- Have a familiarity with various analytical tools such as, but not limited to Spotify analytics, whale report, Kworb, Spot On, etc.
Think you have what it takes? Submit your application here before Friday February 22.
PUBLICITY & MEDIA MANAGER – UNIFIED MUSIC GROUP (Melbourne)
UNIFIED Music Group is an artist services company that works with a host of incredible labels across Australia and worldwide, including UNFD, Domestic La La and ONETWO. They’re currently looking for a talented Publicity & Media Manager to join their Melbourne office.
- Public Relations/Journalism/Marketing degree plus practical experience OR minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A strong contact base of music industry connections, media and a love of networking
- Knowledge and experience in designing and executing creative PR campaigns
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Be willing to put in the hard yards, always be 100 percent on and wanting to dream big for the artist, the company and personally
- A love of attending concerts, networking events and a passion for learning what the next big thing is in the PR world
- You should love nothing more than seeing artists succeed in print, online or TV
- You’re a hard worker that’s willing to be a team player and that sees success as a group effort
- Creating strong, creative and results-focused PR campaigns with the ability to deliver and obtain outstanding results
- Foster relationships with media outlets, journalists and social media influencers
- Deliver interview opportunities, network and write press releases that get results
Sound like you? Apply now over at UNIFIED’s website.
MARKETING & CONTENT COORDINATOR – EMI (Woolloomooloo)
If you want to work with some of the biggest names in music – from Paul Kelly and 5 Seconds of Summer to Sam Smith and Halsey – this could be the job for you. EMI Australia is looking for a Market & Content Coordinator to join their Sydney family.
- Absolute passion for music and commitment to building a career in the industry. Recent graduates are welcome to apply
- ‘Roll up your sleeves’ mentality and willingness to take on a variety of tasks. The role will include everything from processing invoices to grabbing coffees for meetings to brainstorming ideas for the next Sam Smith tour
- Strong knowledge of latest digital and social trends and streaming platforms
- Ideally you will have experience in producing digital content and assets: basic level filming ability, intermediate skills in video, photo and audio editing with programs such as Final Cut, Premiere and Photoshop
- Basic HTML editing proficiency
- Highly organised, able to work at a fast pace, proactive, strong attention to detail and good problem solving
- Builds excellent relationships with all contacts
- Act as a team all-rounder, supporting the administrative and office support requirements for EMI Australia
- Assist the Marketing team in the creation and execution of innovative marketing plans
- Manage the delivery of artist content, including but not limited to: video clips, social content (e.g. video, audio & photo), digital content (artist playlists, animations), advertising & media content, retail collateral, etc.
- Assist social media plans and posting on Artist pages
- Reporting and analysis for sales, streaming and campaign results. Other ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Event management and ticketing. Attending and assisting concerts and events as required
- Updating and maintaining of various systems and filing requirements
Apply via EMI Australia’s website today.
BRAND ADVOCATE – SENNHEISER (NSW/ACT/NT)
Sennheiser is expanding its team of technological experts and is searching for a Brand Advocate to build brand awareness, advocacy and ultimately sales by visiting regional outlets across NSW, ACT and NT.
- Experience working in a customer facing environment, ideally in retail but this could also be hospitality
- Ability to engage with customers
- Receive training in how to manage time, prepare schedules and understand your customers’ own training requirements
- Able to act autonomously when meeting dealers and will be confident making decisions that you are held accountable for
- Being the face of Sennheiser to up to 300 retail outlets (e.g. JB HiFi, Harvey Norman) that stock Sennheiser
- Working with a number of internal departments including sales, channel management, product and warehousing
- Building and maintaining effective business relationships across designated accounts to increase sales revenue and market share
- Providing expert knowledge on products
- Ensuring all relevant product and promotional information is known by dealer staff, conducting training where required and following up to create consistency across the brand
- Developing a full understanding of the territory and where our brands are in the market
- Working with Field Sales Managers to identify which dealers require support and what support will be delivered
- Working with the broader business to ensure customers are provided with the expected Premium Sennheiser service
- Extensive area travel as business requirements dictate, including monthly drive to ACT and annual visit to NT
If you’re keen to join the Sennheiser team, apply with relevant documents in Word format here before Sunday February 10.
MUSIC ADMIN – WME (Sydney)
William Morris Agency is one of the world’s leading entertainment and media companies, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Sydney. Their Australian branch is looking for an ambitious and career-oriented individual to undertake an entry-level position in the Music Department of the WME Sydney office.
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- A diverse knowledge of music and the music industry
- Some job experience at a music related entity is a plus
- Answering phones, rolling calls
- Assisting agents and assistants with administrative duties
- Scheduling meetings/appointments
- Keeping track of and filing expense reports
- Assist with preparation of itineraries
- Effective communication with agent, department head and other offices
- Entering client information into database
- Assisting with offers
- Entering offers
- Issuing contracts, reviewing contract changes
- Invoicing and settlements
- Tracking contracts and deposits
- Keeping records of all backup documentation
- General ticket counts
The successful applicant may become eligible for the Music Trainee Program to become a Music Agent. What are you waiting for? Upload your cover letter and resume here.
Image via Israel Palacio.