Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
TOURING ASSISTANT - FRONTIER TOURING (Sydney)
Frontier TourING are looking for a Tour Assistant to provide administrative support and stay across the day-to-day running of every tour. This includes supporting the Tour Director and working closely with the Frontier team.
- Exceptional administration skills combined with knowledge of the live entertainment and concert touring industry
- Experience in an administration role that is gained in a fast paced and dynamic industry (preferably the music industry)
- Knowledge of ticketing processes and principles deployed in major venues
- Conscientious, and the kind of person who will never let something slide or leave a stone unturned.
- Being able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with the Frontier team to deliver exceptionally well organised tours
- Assisting in all aspects of tour administration and setup
- Assist with event sales reports
- Compiling all relevant tour documentation
- Conduct research for potential tours on previous tour performance and record sales and chart positions
- Assist with the coordination, procurement and distribution of tour gifts
- Working across tour correspondence and communications, scheduling meetings and calls, managing tour schedules, coordinating travel arrangements
- Ensuring all pre and post tour documentation and reports are compiled and provided to all key stakeholders.
If you think you're up to the challenge, apply via Mushroom Group's website with a cover letter and resume before Thursday January 10.
PROGRAM MANAGER - MONA (Hobart)
The team behind Dark Mofo (DarkLab) is opening a new live music venue in the centre of Hobart and are on the lookout for a Program Manager to coordinate a live music program.
- Considerable experience obtained in a similar role, with the ability to demonstrate your strong networking skills within the industry
- A demonstrated ability to develop a music program that covers a diverse range of genres
- Being an exceptional communicator that can apply these skills in contract negotiation, liaising with techs and coordinating events
- A value for teamwork and will look for opportunities to collaborate with your peers in the DarkLab team and the Venue Manager
- Organised and can implement strong administrative processes to keep track of budgets and the event calendar
- Be able to develop and deliver a music program for a new inner-city live music venue in Hobart, covering a diverse range of music genres
- Develop foundation for the future to take a lead in developing a model that can deliver a sustainable and commercially successful live music program
- Identifying and attracting local and national bands, music artists and DJs to perform at the venue, within the budget parameters identified
- This includes negotiating, preparing and finalising artist and band contracts
- Attend gigs to support bands and artists. This includes communicating tech riders and sounds checks with venue technicians and the venue manager
- Developing strong administrative processes will be crucial. In collaboration with the venue manager you'll need to develop and maintain a bookings calendar and keep a track of program expenditure to ensure its aligned with the approved budget
- Work with the DarkLab marketing team to support promotional tasks for booked events
If you want to be part of the MONA madness, submit your application (specifically addressing why you're a great fit for this role) at the gallery's website by Friday December 21.
ADMINISTRATION & CREATIVE COORDINATOR - WARNER/CHAPPELL MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Melbourne)
Warner/Chappell Music, the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group, is seeking a full-time Administration & Creative Coordinator for their office in Collingwood, Melbourne.
- Previous experience in an administrative role, or a business-focussed music course
- A broad knowledge of music, and a general knowledge of what music publishers do
- Strong communication skills
- A high level of self-motivation in completing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Good organisation and time-management skills
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion is essential
- Report to the Managing Director
- Copyright maintenance of our extensive catalogue of musical works
- Liaison with our international affiliates, clients, and APRA AMCOS and the broader music industry.
- General office and administrative duties
- Providing assistance to the Managing Director and providing advice to the Licensing Department on copyright queries
- The handling of social media accounts and copyright sampling queries.
If you want to join the historic company, apply here.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR/TEAM ASSISTANT - ARTIST NETWORK (Sydney)
Artist Network are looking for the services of an Office Administrator to work alongside their close knit team based in the inner west of Sydney. This role will be suitable to someone looking to progress into a role as a Booking Agent in the entertainment industry.