Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PA + MARKETING/PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR – PAISLEY MUSIC & MEDIA (Melbourne)
Paisley Music & Media, a boutique agency representing a huge variety of music festivals and tours around the country, are looking for an all-round music industry legend to be their new PA + Marketing/Promotions Coordinator at their Brunswick East office. While this is a contract role from now until mid-March, it has the potential to develop into a permanent job for the right person.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to learning lots of new (but seriously cool) skills
- Need to be ready for an immediate start and to travel for a major festival coming up in a few weeks
- Work across marketing and partnerships departments
- Admin and PA work, assisting the director/owner of Paisley across a range of tasks
- On any given day, you could be charged with everything from a coffee run, booking flights, sitting in on a major client meeting or working at a festival
If this is your dream job, apply here ASAP. Applications close on Wednesday December 12, but Paisley will hire as soon as they find the right person – don’t sleep on this opportunity.
EDITOR – NOVA NETWORK (Sydney)
A rare opportunity to join the Nova team has emerged, offering one worthy applicant the chance to take the reins of the company’s online content as their new full-time Editor.
- Experienced digital editor with ideas to push the technology to provide the next big thing
- Thorough insight into audience consumption patterns and trends
- Live and breathe news, entertainment and pop culture
- Strong experience managing teams delivering a variety of content types
- Possess a commercial mindset
- Drive to convert digital strategy into practical results
- Extensive experience managing and developing teams creating great content for digital media brands
- Day to day experience interrogating analytics and statistics to determine success, learnings and need for change
- Demonstrated history of shaping a unified content strategy
- Hands-on experience setting a successful editorial agenda
- Be the editorial voice, face and heart of the Nova digital network
- Set the daily and weekly editorial agenda of the network
- Commission, edit and create market-leading digital content for use on and off platform
- Assemble and oversee a national digital editorial team
- Work with the wider Nova Entertainment team to contribute to organisational projects and goals
- In collaboration with the digital team, develop new and versatile digital content formats to ensure a best practice market-leading operation
- Work with the commercial team to create seamlessly integrated client content.
Sound like you? Send in your application here.
BOOKING AGENT – 123 AGENCY (Melbourne)
123 Agency, one of the largest independent booking agencies in Australia, is on the hunt for a new Booking Agent to join their dynamic work hard, play hard environment on a full-time basis in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD.
- Completion of VCE Certificate is essential
- A bachelor’s degree in music management, marketing, or business is preferable; however, not essential
- Music industry experience (including booking, tour managing etc.) is essential
- Possess a combination of business savvy, assertiveness, people skills, intuition, creativity and perseverance
- Intermediate office suite skills (including Mac)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Excellent organisational skills to manage details, the heart to keep going in the face of rejection, and the vision to develop touring schedules that widen your clients' exposure
- Stay on top of industry news and trends to recommend new opportunities to the team and clients
- Help maintain team morale high with a positive attitude – finding the opportunity in every challenge
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement of marketing skills; set and pursue goals
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with 123 Agency’s values, Code of Conduct and Company Policies
- Represent a roster of artists
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with promoters, record labels and the artists' managers
- Pitching for supports and festival slots
- Booking headline tours and show
- Working with event promoters to create and implement a marketing strategy for the client’s tour
- Networking with venue owners and event promoters to find potential gigs
- Negotiating with venues on the behalf of clients
- Assisting with promotion and promotional material
- Ability to negotiate deals with promoters and event coordinators
- Assist in creating a strategic plan for artists to follow
- Create and maintain trusting relationships with internal team, clients and other stakeholders
- Proactively look for opportunities to streamline workflows and ability to put forward thoughtful solutions to implement
- Scouting for new talent
- Attending performances and evaluating the talent of potential new acts
- Pitching the agencies services to potential clients using sales skills
- Creating and maintaining positive/strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Administrational tasks, including building ticket links, tracking ticket sales, and meeting and exceeding sales targets
Start your dream career by uploading your CV and cover letter here before 12pm Friday November 23.
PROMOTIONS MANAGER – CAROLINE AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Caroline Australia is part of the Univeresal Music family, working to drive artist campaigns via local and international labels for the likes of St. Vincent, Ghost, Bullet For My Valentine, Mac DeMarco and more. They’re currently searching for a Promotions Manager to join their Sydney office.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role within the music industry
- A focus on indie music is desired, preferably with a proven track record in working on both the publicity and promotions aspects of indie music releases
- Genuine love of music
- Digitally savvy, willing to embrace technology and the changing landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ideas driven and thinks outside the square
- Oversee the day to day running of all promotional aspects of Caroline artists, covering online, radio, print and artist relations
- Create and implement innovative promotional plans for Caroline artists and releases in collaboration with Caroline team including Vic based Caroline Promotions Manager
- Plan and execute promotional strategies for the international and domestic artist roster across digital, print, community radio and more
- Drive the conversations with Sydney based DSP’s for maximum streaming exposure
- Artist relations responsibilities for onground promotional schedules
- Write press releases and create other promotional material for international and domestic artists and releases
- Maintain a servicing schedule to ensure timely servicing of all releases to national media
If you’ve just found your calling, submit your application via Caroline’s website.
iTUNES PROGRAMMING INTERN – APPLE (Sydney)
It’s not often you see an opportunity like this appear: Apple is looking for fourth-year or post-grad students with passion for the digital platform, content and/or entertainment to undertake a 12-month internship in their Sydney office.
- You are in your final year or a recent graduate of a Marketing, Communications, Film & TV, Journalism or other humanities-based degree
- A self-starter who will be able to work autonomously.
- Phenomenal attention to detail
- Digitally savvy
- Have a real passion for content and/or entertainment
- Hard-working and diligent
- Uses and understands iTunes and its various offerings
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Numbers/Excel and Keynote
- Able to prioritise well, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Work with the editorial teams across Music, Books, TV/Movies and Apps to plan and program content
- Assist with post-analysis for major editorial initiatives
- Research projects to support programming
- Gather analytics and other material for reports and compiling reporting documents
- Assist with general operations
Get your foot in the door and apply here today.
Image via Adi Goldstein.