Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
LABEL ASSISTANT - ABC MUSIC (Sydney)
ABC Music is currently looking for a motivated young player with marketing and administration experience to come and join the team as a Label Assistant in the ABC's Ultimo offices in Sydney. This position, only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, reflects the ABC's commitment to the ABC Reconciliation Action Plan, ABC Equity and Diversity Plan and the Equal Employment Opportunity (Commonwealth Authorities) Act 1987, encouraging diversity within the music industry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- The ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- A keen organiser and able to interpret and follow instructions to complete work in a timely manner.
- Able to identify issues and refer upwards where necessary.
- A great communicator who has demonstrated client focus with a positive approach.
- Adept at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Office.
Suss out all the details and apply today via ABC Careers.
DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST - FENDER MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
If you've been paying attention to the brand recently, you'll know that Fender has expanded into the world of digital media with great success, increasing its range of endorsed artists, influencers and players across media channels worldwide. To keep the ball rolling Down Under, Fender Music Australia is hiring a Digital Marketing Specialist to join the team to help drive sales and manage and curate content for their online channels.
- A passion for music
- Creative and innovative
- Knowledge of current and emerging digital tools, technologies and social platforms
- Project management skills and design skills
- Experience working with campaigns within timelines and budgets
- Attention to detail
- Experience in digital B2B and B2C marketing
- Experience in Search Engine Optimisation and Marketing
- Excellent grammar, communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in Spredfast, Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborate with global digital strategy team
- Own the Fender Music Australia digital strategy
- Grow social channels for all brands
- Curate regional web content in alignment with strategic goals
- Drive web traffic
- Develop and monitor standards for our dealer websites
- Identify new digital advertising/marketing channels and tools
- Curate regional native social media content in alignment with strategic goals
- Manage our digital content and campaign
- Online product catalogue
- B2B and B2C marketing campaigns
- Global Facebook content
- Paid advertising
- Work with traditional media and on trade shows with the team when required
Don't miss out on this one. Hit the link to visit Fender's SEEK listing and apply today.
TEAM ASSISTANT - WARNER MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Warner Music Australia, the big dogs who boast a label roster featuring everyone from Ed Sheeran to Lil Pump, are on the hunt for an up-and-coming record label impresario to join the label as Team Assistant, helping out around the marketing division in their pristine Sydney office.
- Proactive, highly organised and great interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of online and digital environments
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to remain calm
- Enthusiasm and passion for working in the music industry
- Ability to deal with changing requirements and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Happy and positive demeanour
- Have respect for confidentiality and have discretion and tact with sensitive info
- Video editing
- Data Analytics
- Intermediate level Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop skills
If this position tickles your fancy, be sure to send your resume and cover letter into firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday October 14.
PROGRAMMER (MAX) - FOXTEL (Sydney)
Keen to become a part of Australia's finest Pay-TV conglomerate? Read on. Foxtel is currently accepting applications for a Programmer to join the MAX team and execute music programming strategies across the network.
- 2-5 years television or radio programming experience
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the disciplines of programming as well as a passion and expansive knowledge for the content and genre that MAX covers
- Experience with Music Master or similar music scheduling system and all Microsoft office programs
- Experience with Dekocast and IBMS advantageous
- You'll need an exceptional eye for detail and level of accuracy to spot mistakes, inconsistencies and contradictions in schedules/logs
- An intuitive ability to relate to the channel's core demo and able to create schedules that meet those viewer’s habits and expectations
- Research experience an advantage
- Strong people and communication skills essential
- Execute programming strategy, developing and maintaining channel schedules and managing the music playlist
- Communicate monthly schedules across the team and required departments by deadlines set
- Create monthly tactics in conjunction with Group Program Manager and be part of the briefing process with the promo team as required
- Schedule all music on MAX in line with the channel programming strategy
- Manage and maintain daily output of Dekocast and IBMS, delivering daily logs for the channel within the agreed deadlines and with minimal error
- Manage MAX program operations and deliver on channel requirements with minimal error
- Work with the programming assistant to maintain and update the schedule into the scheduling system ensuring inventory usage and free plays are correctly assigned. When necessary, action programming amendments within IBMS and monthly grids, and communicate changes to all relevant departments and stakeholders
- Liaise with the Foxtel Networks Australia Acquisitions, materials and ingest teams to ensure contracts and materials are delivered as required in line with contractual obligations, telecast plans and existing delivery deadlines
- Liaise with the channel’s Schedulers, Materials Co-Ordinator and Captioning teams in relation to broadcast operation issues, e.g. compiling, library, MCR feeds, VT standards (16:9), captioning, screeners etc.
You'd be nuts to miss out on a job which offers free Pay-TV, right? Hit the link here to read more and find out how to apply.
RETAIL SALES STAFF - JADE AUSTRALIA (Melbourne)
Jade Australia, a long-established music retail chain in Melbourne's Northern suburbs, is looking for new full-time and part-time sales professionals to join their stores in Ivanhoe and Carlton.
- Must be able to play guitar. Ability to also play other instruments including bass, ukulele, keyboards, drums, brass & woodwind, etc will be a huge advantage to the applicant
- Must have proven experience in a retail environment, preferably in this or a comparable industry
- Must have proven experience and be proficient in social media (such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc.), eBay, as well as Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with AusPost eParcel and Shopify will be an advantage
- You must possess a drive for providing outstanding customer service at all times
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Have a passion for the musical instrument retail industry and sales achievement
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Be punctual and enthusiastic at all times
- Be highly organised and efficient and demonstrate good attention to detail
- Take pride in your personal presentation
- Show ability to clearly follow instructions & procedures
- Be seeking a long-term opportunity with an exciting, ever-growing company where you can make an impact
- Be available to work weekends, and overtime when required
- Be of an easy going nature, polite, with a good sense of humour, and always being professional
- Provide outstanding customer service and accurate product information and pricing to our in-store customers
- Prompt response to online and email sales plus any product inquiries
- Provide product service and support to customers in person and via telephone and online
- Keep the showroom presentation at the highest level, ensuring our products look their best at all times
Interested? Find out more about the position and start your application here.
Image via Austin Neill.