Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
JUNIOR AGENT - COLLECTIVE ARTISTS (Sydney)
A boutique booking agency operating under the tender love and care of the Inertia Group, Collective Artists are on the hunt for a talented individual to come and join their ranks as a Junior Agent. With clients including Ali Barter, Manu Crooks, City Calm Down, D.D. Dumbo, Sarah Blasko and more, this position is perfect for those looking to make an entry into the music industry.
- At least 12 months experience in the music industry (any area)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- A strong passion for music, particularly live music
- Knowledge of the Australian music scene
- Flexibility with working hours
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Liasing with artists, managers, labels, publicists etc.
- Liasing with venues, promoters, festivals and ticketing companies
- Tour routing
- Ticket reporting
- Administrative assistance
- Budgeting, invoicing and settlements
- Social media and website maintenance
- A&R and talent scouting
Interested? Send your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 2 March.
VENUE MANAGER - ROCHESTER HOTEL (Melbourne)
The Rochester Hotel, one of ol' Fitzroy's finest establishments, is looking for a dedicated venue manager to take over the reins and help drive the pub as both a live music venue and ethical eatery.
- Solid management experience in both bar and dining in reputable venues
- Familiarity with the Melbourne bar, food and music scene, in particular north of the river
- Passion for food, booze and people
- Experience working closely with a kitchen team
- Solid understanding of hospitality financials, COGS and labour costs
- Experience managing POS software and sound systems
- Experience overseeing events from enquiry stage through to completion
- A love for music ideally with connections in the live music scene
- A strong understanding of marketing and social media
- Attention to detail, organised and tidy
- Daily operations
- Hands-on role providing exceptional customer service
- Promoting a positive, happy environment for customers and staff
- Improving and maintaining processes
- Liaising with suppliers, security and owners
If this sounds like you, click here to find out more about the position and details on how to apply.
GUITAR INSPECTOR - FENDER MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Dream job alert: Fender Music Australia is hiring a guitar inspector (you heard it) to oversee quality control and assist throughout their Sydney warehouse to help spread some of the finest instruments to young muso's nationwide.
- Required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 23 Kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Strong guitar building, woodworking and finishing skills, in addition to a full understanding of raw material specifications
- Excellent product knowledge of all models in current and past production
- Experience with use of calipers, micrometers, digital multi-meter, guitar building hand tools, feeler gauges, soldering equipment, and Microsoft Office Applications
- Perform incoming inspection on (Guitar and Amplifier) components and other parts for conformance to procedures and specifications using the company’s quality criteria and standard
- Document all inspection results, summarize results. Initiate corrective action where necessary based on trends
- Drive corrective action directly with FMIC as needed
- Perform First Article inspections of various parts as required and create the appropriate documentation with results
- Maintain internal MRB (Material Review Board) data base, efficiently coordinate MRB meetings
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Support production requirements by managing inventory for inspection (report cycle time and productivity)
- Rectify minor product defects including; adjustment to guitar neck and frets and polish out instrument scratches
- Work with RF scanner and SAP computer system.
Stop drooling - click this link to find out more about the job and for details on how to apply.
TOUR COORDINATOR - SECRET SOUNDS (Sydney)
Secret Sounds, the company behind mammoth festivals such as Splendour in the Grass and Falls Festival, are currently accepting applications for a music-minded individual to join the team as Tour Coordinator.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, ticketing, venue operations or entertainment industry preferred
- Strong computer literacy –proficiency across Outlook, Word and an in depth knowledge of Excel
- assisting with tasks from tour confirmation and announce right through to post show settlement phase
- Exceptional ability in managing workload and prioritizing tasks
- Able to work to tight and deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in a manner consistent with the culture and across all levels
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, sensitive to relationships and situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for music.
- Excellent time management and capability to work under pressure
- Gathering, managing venue availability and tour routing
- Regularly updating and circulating ticket sales
- Completing and managing ticket builds with venues and ticket agencies
- Coordinating guest list, tour accreditation and internal ticket buys
- Maintain support submission lists, field and follow up enquiries
- Assist with venue contracts
- Prepare and submit APRA and PPCA reports as required
- Maintain current records of venues, support acts, ticketing fees etc.
To find out more, click here to view the original post and follow the prompts to apply.
SENIOR MUSIC COORDINATOR - AMAZON (Sydney)
Amazon.com, the ever-expanding online retail entity, are seeking an experienced individual to define and push their music programming strategy for Australia. Based in Sydney, the Senior Digital Programming Coordinator will be responsible for driving customer engagement through the creation and maintenance of playlists and streaming radio stations and related curatorial tasks crucial to the quality of the Amazon Music customer experience.
- 5 to 7 years in work experience in radio programming, A&R, music curation, and/or running an editorial calendar
- Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
- Ability to set aside one’s own tastes and biases to curate music for a broad audience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
- Deliver high quality music programming including playlists and stations
- Create and manage a rolling editorial calendar
- Conceive and execute a continuous content improvement process
- Drive improvements of tools and techniques required to support a growing curated music offering
- Work with the Content Licensing and Vendor Management teams to identify content to include in the service
- Use data to continuously refine our content offering to ensure a fresh and compelling user experience for each customer
To apply, click here and follow the prompts to take the first step towards your new career.