Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
MUSIC MARKETING EXECUTIVE - TEG LIVE (Sydney/Melbourne)
With subsidiaries including Ticketek and Eventopia, TEG Live is one of Australia's biggest live music organisations, with over 35 years experience in putting on shows across the country. They're currently looking for a business savvy individual to join the group as a Music Marketing Executive and help deliver results across a huge touring roster for 2018.
MANAGER - CLASSICS AND JAZZ, ABC COMMERCIAL (Sydney)
Sitting in the commercial division of the ABC, Classics and Jazz is the largest and most awarded record label of its kind in Australia, specialising in orchestral, classical, instrumental and contempoary studio and live releases, as well as closely collaborating with ABC Jazz and Classical FM. ABC Classics and Jazz is currently accepting applications for someone to take over as Manager of the record label. If you've ever wanted to be a big dog at the ABC, this is your chance.
- A self starter with highly advanced organisational skills coupled with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of music marketing, coupled with the ability to develop and execute effective marketing plans
- Experience in content development and management, particularly around classical music products, initiatives and services
- Detailed knowledge of classical music markets, platforms and audiences, and insights into areas of potential market growth and development
- Current and thorough knowledge of the Australian and international music industry, with specialist knowledge of the classical, jazz and crossover music industries
- Demonstrated understanding of the retail environment for music, including physical and digital channels
- Ability to liaise with people at a number of levels; ability to establish proactive and strategic client relationships both within the ABC and externally
- In conjunction with Head ABC Music and Events, set and achieve Gross Revenue, Gross Profit and Net Profit targets for classical and jazz music content
- In partnership with Classic FM management, grow the ABC’s commitment to classical music artists and audiences within Australia and globally
- Develop and execute detailed marketing and content plans for products and artists, in collaboration with ABC Music, ABC Classic FM and distribution partners, with particular focus on digital content and marketing
- Develop and execute content and marketing initiatives for catalogue, including digital playlisting and campaigns
- Develop new products and artists, including managing repertoire choice, concept and packaging.
- Manage the ongoing ABC Classics and Jazz roster and release schedule
- Oversee contract and royalty processes, in addition to production processes, schedules and budgets
- Manage, lead and collaborate within the ABC and externally
- Manage and develop key partnerships, in collaboration with ABC Classic FM, including with third-party digital platforms, artists, industry and the media
To apply for this opportunity, check out the ABC Careers website and follow the prompts to begin.
MEDIA MANAGER, STREAMING - UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (Sydney)
Universal Music Australia is on the hunt for a Streaming Media Manager to exploit their artists across Streaming and Digital Business Partners. The lucky candidate will drive the label's digital marketing activities, act as the key contact for all UMA repertoire, will create innovative marketing and promotional strategies to drive revenue, and to top things off, will be based in UMG's Sydney offices complete with views of the harbour.
- Previous experience in marketing, with an emphasis on media and digital knowledge.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- A passion for music - the more you consider yourself a subscriber and consumer of various music and media platforms, and know the ins and outs of music streaming, the better
- You are also a nerd with insights and reporting
- You follow the music industry, our artists and our labels. You understand how the landscape has changed and have ideas for how artists can commercialise outside of the recorded business
- You get along with all kinds of different people; collaboration is key
- You thrive off pressure and love the hustle of a large workload
- You’re not looking for a typical 9-5 job!
- Identify artist and release opportunities with selected digital business partners from delivery, to execution on platform, through to on-and-off platform digital marketing initiatives
- Responsible for increasing UMA streaming chart share for priority releases on a weekly basis (working closely with Frontline International and Domestic Marketing, Strategic Marketing, and Commercial divisions)
- Develop and implement the streaming strategy on a national level with National and Global playlists, online radio and platforms
- Create new opportunities for our artists through streaming platforms
- Strategise creative artist plans for streaming platforms, in collaboration with Marketing & Media Teams
- As directed by the Heads of Media and Marketing, manage all on platform marketing and its execution, post analysis and reporting
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with streaming partners, digital platforms, curators and playlisters
Interested? Check out the job listing here and follow the prompts to get started.
PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR (MUSIC FESTIVALS) - AUDIENCE REPUBLIC (Sydney)
As a rapidly expanding tech start up, Audience Republic have sprung to the top since their arrival in 2015, powering marketing for festivals such as Beyond the Valley, Pitch, and Lost Paradise. To keep up with the demand for their services, Audience Republic are looking for a Partnership Coordinator to help push sales and achieve goals in the workforce.
- Identify & research lists of music festivals and concert promoters that meet our ideal customer profile
- Reach out to potential customers directly via email & phone
- Conduct discovery calls to uncover customer needs & interest in our product
- Take customers through product demos and book in appointments for our Account Executives
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Preparing reports and ensuring our Salesforce CRM is maintained correctly
- Assist with operations where required
If you think this is for you, click this link to check out the full description and details on how to apply.
AUDIO TECHNICIAN - BUMP PRODUCTIONS (Sydney)
As one of Sydney's biggest audio and lighting companies, Bump Productions is looking for an experienced audio technician to lead their team for the upcoming festival season.
- 5+ years in live audio / visual production
- Abillity to set up large scale sound systems
- Operate a wide variety of high end digital mixing desks
- Manage system/digital processing such as Lake
- Programming architectural software/processing
Send your cover letter and a resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply today.