Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
2017 RADIOTHON COORDINATOR – EASTSIDE FM (SYDNEY)
The Eastside Radiothon is an annual fundraiser that helps raise much needed money for the running of the station. This year's Radiothon is scheduled for one week between the 18th and 24th of June 2017. The successful candidate will be employed by the station for a fixed-term, which is approximately Monday April 24th until Friday June 30th. The position is flexible with an expected workload of 4 days per week (hours during the actual Radiothon will be increased).
- Motivating and communicating presenters and volunteers around Radiothon
- Contacting individuals and organisations for donations
- Coordinating major prizes
- Handling publicity, including writing and distributing press release
- Active on air role during Radiothon
- Active online role before, during and after Radiothon
- Oversee Radiothon station meetings
- Post Radiothon production
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Success with Sponsors and other fundraising partners
- Demonstrated ability to write press releases and develop relationships with other media
- Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced online skills across various platforms
If this sounds like you then address the selection criteria in your application and send to Tony Smythe, Managing Director, by Friday March 31.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (MUSIC TECHNOLOGY) – NURA (MELBOURNE)
nura is a music technology startup founded in April 2015, in Melbourne. They combined expertise in engineering, acoustics, biology, and hearing science to create the nuraphone - the headphone that finds your perfect sound, automatically. The Operations Coordinator is full time role and part of the business operations team at nura HQ, in Brunswick. The position requires a strong all-rounder with proven experience in office management and customer service. Project coordination skills are necessary and a passion for music and consumer technology is essential.
- Coordinating team schedules and business support requests
- Coordinating office support vendors
- Ordering and managing all office supplies
- Inbound and outbound document management and shipment coordination
- Providing schedule and travel coordination assistance to C-suite
- Helping guests at the nura office and events
- Coordinating internal events and aiding external events teams
- Providing ad hoc customer service via multiple channels (f2f, digital)
- Experience in an office management, executive assistant or coordination role
- Proven track record in stakeholder management
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and able to manage multiple schedules
- Sharp lateral thinking skills and able to tackle problems with a can-do attitude
- Fast at using Google Enterprise suite and good at picking up new software quickly
If this sounds like you then send a brief email with your CV attached with the reference "nura operations coordinator" in the subject field here.
VIDEOGRAPHER / GRAPHIC DESIGNER – HAPPY MAG (SYDNEY)
Happy Mag is a Sydney based music and youth culture focused primarily on independent news, reviews and feature articles which shine a light on emerging creators and communities. Considered a leading tastemaker in the emerging music space we have developed successful working relationships with many independent artists as well as major labels, managers and internationally recognised festivals. They are looking for an energetic and passionate junior designer to join their team and help spearhead the evolution of their digital content and video work.
- 1-2 years commercial experience as a graphic designer
- Extensive experience both shooting and editing video in Premiere
- Passionate about developing unique digital content
- Autonomous and self motivated enough to work both on site and remotely
BOOKING AGENCY ALLROUNDER – HARBOUR AGENCY (SYDNEY)
The Harbour Agency, part of The Mushroom Group of companies, is offering the chance to get your foot in the door to the Australian Music industry. Starting in this entry level position, they're looking for a dedicated, versatile applicant to join their Sydney based team.
- The successful candidate will perform a variety of administrative duties, with development opportunities available
- Applicants should have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook programs.
- MYOB experience is a bonus.
If this sounds like you then click here to apply.
SENIOR MANAGER, SYNCHRONISATION – KOBALT MUSIC GROUP (SYDNEY)
Joining the synchronisation team in Sydney, reporting to the Director, Synchronisation APAC, the Senior Manager, Synchronisation will be responsible for creative pitching and clearance of rights for the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogues in Australia and New Zealand. The successful candidate will be a target driven, proactive team member to further develop client relations across various media including advertising and other media to be determined.
- Creative pitching of the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue across various media including advertising, television, film and online for both Australia and New Zealand
- Facilitate, negotiate and close all synchronisation requests
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with varying levels of executives at ad agencies, brands, music supervisors, production companies, directors, editors etc
- Proactively reach out to contacts for their creative music needs to further build the Kobalt profile and increase revenue
- Create strategic proposals that will tie in with upcoming artist releases/marketing campaigns
- Maintain good relationships with Kobalt clients, including but not limited to writers and artists, as well as their representatives
- Attend Kobalt client events/shows as necessary and bring key contacts from all media areas to these events/shows
- Attend industry events and/or organise artist showcases as necessary
- Mid-Level to Senior level experience working creatively in the synchronisation and/or music business with well-developed relationships within the industry
- Proven sales record and ability to close deals
- Proven ability to work on creative music searches and place songs
- In depth knowledge of music licensing and industry terminology used to negotiate the material deal points of a brand and synchronisation license as well as
- Copyright knowledge as it relates to the music industry (on both the master and publishing side)
- Detail oriented, organised, timely and accurate
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Punctual and available to work extra hours as needed
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, iTunes, Emailing marketing tools etc.
If this sounds like you then contact Simon Moor by Friday April 14.