Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
CITY OF ONKAPRINGA – YOUTH MUSIC PROGRAM OFFICER (Adelaide)
As South Australia's largest metropolitan council and one of the state's fastest growing areas, the City of Onkapringa is currently seeking a Youth Music Program Officer to assist in the development is of Adelaide’s diverse music, arts and cultural scene.
- A strong technical knowledge of music equipment, software, sound production and music technology and editing
- An understanding of current youth music trends and opportunities for young people
- The ability to relate to people from various backgrounds
- Highly developed communication skills
- Youth and cultural development legislation relevant to local government
- Experience in a local government is also desirable
- The successful applicant must possess and provide a current Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) (Child Related) Clearance prior to offer of employment
- Undertake and facilitate program and project work relevant to position or as negotiated with the Senior Youth Office Contribute to the development and implementation of creative engagement approaches with young people to identify needs within local communities and develop, plan, implement and evaluate appropriate youth music projects in partnership with members of the community
- To ensure the achievement of agreed outcomes consistent with Youth Strategic Management Plan, business plans and budgets
- Ensure the delivery of community based projects and to develop sustainability for these projects Identify and develop funding submissions from community/youth engagements and attract additional resources to the Youth Team Facilitate collaborative approaches to service development
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter listing relevant skills and experience as found in the position description available on the City of Onkaparinga website.
CITY OF PARRAMATTA – MUSIC COORDINATOR (Sydney)
The City of Parramatta and the Live Music Office have partnered to deliver a project to support the growth of the local live music industry through the appointment of a Live Music Programming Coordinator. The role will provide tailored site-specific guidance to both new and existing venues, ensuring that live music presented by business owners is appropriate to their space and business model.
- Applicants must conduct themselves in a way that is aligned with the purpose and values of City of Parramatta.
- Present a professional image and be professional in all dealings with staff and external business contacts.
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, and able to demonstrate experience and success in managing projects and outcomes.
- Management Ability: The role is a standalone position requiring self-direction delivering an outlined program with set KPI’s.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, social media platforms and have a mobile phone number and email address.
- Work with The City of Parramatta and the Live Music Office to develop support programs to highlight optimisation of live music and performance, includingproduction, ticketing, booking, licensing and marketing.
- Working one-on-one with a range of business types to deliver 2 projects ‘Amplify’ and ‘Live and Local’ by engaging local businesses.
- Helping to implement a policy document highlighting the integration of live music and culture in Parramatta in line with the Cultural document and other policies in place at The City of Parramatta.
To apply, visit the City of Parramatta’s job description and apply online through their website.
CRANBOURNE MUSIC – KEYBOARD/PIANO SALESPERSON - (Melbourne)
Responsible for supplying the Melbourne music scene with quality equipment since 1989, Cranbourne Music are currently seeking a Keyboard/Piano Salesperson to join their Lynbrook store.
- Well organised and self disciplined
- Creative in stock presentation
- Able to work weekends
- Prepared to work hard to achieve personal and team goals.
- Honest and reliable
- Knowledge of, and the ability to play keyboard/piano is essential, with other instruments considered an advantage.
- Previous retail sales experience will also be well regarded.
- Setting up, demonstrating, and maintaining stock
- Selling a variety of keyboards and related equipment
If this opportunity interests you, prepare a cover letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for this position and your resume and visit Cranbourne Music’s SEEK listing and follow the prompts to apply.
SYDNEY BAND REHEARSAL STUDIO – CUSTOMER SERVICE (Sydney)
If you’ve ever wanted to assist in the operation of a rehearsal studio, now’s your chance – a Sydney rehearsal studio is accepting applications for a part time customer service role based in the inner suburbs.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience in administration and cash handling, including accurate record keeping and attention to detail
- A background with musical equipment and software is highly regarded Fluency in Adobe
- Photoshop and other computer programs is also an advantage
- Attending to customers
- Taking bookings
- Sales and administration duties
- Preparing hire gear and CD/artwork production.
- The role involves weekend work, with typical shifts being 10am to 5pm or 5pm to midnight Saturday or Sunday -this position probably wouldn’t be suitable for someone already working full time 9-5.
If this opportunity interests you, send a covering letter and your resume to Recruitment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.