Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
LAUNDRY BAR – ADMIN/VENUE BOOKER (MELBOURNE)
Melbourne’s Laundry Bar are looking for a talented, music/venue booker to join their small-team, who must have at least three years experience in a similar role. This will involve booking gigs, managing the promotion for each event and securing new business for our venues.
The right candidate must be highly experienced in booking music venues and feel confident with negotiating terms/fees and filling the calendar with a range of profiled, ticketed gigs and weekly DJ sets. A wealth of contacts within the music industry is imperative. This will include: national and regional promoters, music management companies and live booking agencies.
They are looking for someone who is driven, organised, reliable and has a can-do attitude. A passion for music is a must and the person in question should have the knowledge and flexibility to work with a range of genres including: hip hop, r'n'b, indie, metal, funk, jazz, world, folk, soul, roots, rhythm & blues.
- · Sourcing/securing music acts and DJs
- · Negotiating terms/fees
- · Proofreading contracts
- · Handling tech specs and catering riders
- · Booking staff/crew
- · Diary management
- · Social media - updating platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and websites
- · Promotion/PR/Marketing - flyering, constructing press releases, creating promotional/marketing strategies, contacting press/radio/media companies in conjunction with our social media team
- · Admin duties - creating worksheets, printing, posting, invoicing,
- · Researching artists/bands - gathering data including contact info, ticket sales, tour dates, venue capacities
- · Live music events
- · Ticketing
- · Budgeting (profit/loss)
- · Music industry contacts
- · Administration duties
- · Promotion/Marketing/PR
- · Hospitality
- · Design software including Illustrator and Photoshop
- · Managing Social media platforms
If you feel you have the qualities to excel in this exciting role please email an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUNKEE MEDIA – ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (SYDNEY)
Junkee Media are on the lookout for a motivated account executive to join the Junkee team and help support two key account managers in driving revenue and pipeline from both agency & direct clients. As an important junior member of the team, you will be instrumental in the implementation and management of digital campaigns, preparing proposals and schedules for clients as well as monitoring & optimising campaign performance and reporting on post campaign analysis.
- · Being an integral support to the broader Sales team via campaign management and relationship building across national media buying agencies & music industry clients
- · Working closely with the Account Management team on brief responses, preparing presentations, building schedules and developing & identifying proactive sales opportunities
- · Managing digital bookings and the implementation process
- · Liaising with the AdOps and Tech teams to monitor & optimise campaign performance in accordance with client objectives & delivery goals
- · Assisting in brainstorming sessions, co-ordinate agency functions and assist with trade marketing events
- · Nurturing and assist in the growth of important Junkee clients by ensuring clients' needs are met and a positive CX is achieved at all times
- · Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Junkee product range/ titles and be passionate about championing the brand and show a keen interest in both digital media & youth communications
- · Portray an outgoing and ambitious personality with an interest in developing industry relationships and your own profile through networking & PR opportunities
- · Have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written and the confidence to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- · Be a collaborative team player who is solutions focussed with a 'CAN DO' attitude
- · Demonstrate efficient time management skills and be able to juggle multiple projects/ tasks at any one time and meet strict deadlines without compromising on quality
- · Technical proficiency with forecasting and reporting tools as well as the broader MS Office suite
- · Have a good reputation in the industry and successful track history in building and maintaining key client relationships
- · Prior experience in media or an agency is preferred but not essential
- · A Bachelors degree in a relevant field is desirable but not essential
Due to the high volume of applications Junkee Media receives, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. To apply head here.
BLUE GUITAR PROJECT – VISUAL ARTIST/DESIGNER (SYDNEY)
Blue Guitar Project is a charity that uses music and photography to help keep youth off the streets and support teenage dreams.
They provide creative education programs in high schools that inspire teens to ignite their spark and develop their dream using photography, lyrics, guitar building and filmmaking, all of which culminate in an end of program exhibition. So far they have run seven successful programs in disadvantaged high schools around Sydney with two more about to commence, with plans to grow their reach every quarter.
This job is a dream for someone wanting to use and express their design creativity. Blue Guitar are looking for applicants that have an edgy style with a flair for typography and high quality design and are open to a range of design skills.
Equipment will be provided and the internship can be accredited to any tertiary study. Availability is flexible for the right candidate, the position is on a casual basis.
Please send in a resume with a photo if you're interested in a super fun and cool experience to Roxy Lee at email@example.com.
AUSTRALIAN GIRLS CHOIR – VENUE & EVENTS COORDINATOR (PERTH)
The Australian School of Performing Arts is looking for a venue and events coordinator for the Australian Girls Choir.
- · Utilising proven organisational skills as well as your leadership flair, you will ensure the smooth running of rehearsal venues throughout the school term, as well as providing administration and management support at events and engagements.
- · Reporting to the Senior State Coordinator in the Perth office, with additional management support provided by the Team Development Manager in Melbourne, you will work closely with the venue teams to ensure delivery of the national AGC approach, further developing and coaching staff to reach their potential.
- · With a key focus on building strong and enduring relationships with parents and choristers, your demonstrated skilfulness in communicating with a broad range of people will ensure success.
- · In conjunction with admin support, ensuring completion of all administration tasks relating to AGC classes and events, your meticulous eye for detail will provide confidence to all stakeholders (Venue Manager and casual staff teams, parents and choristers).
- · Responsible for conveying national messages including procedure updates, innovative and best practice processes and corporate obligations, your strong organisation skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite make delivery to the seven Perth venues a seamless process.
- · Relevant tertiary qualifications and administration experience.
- · Exposure to the Performing Arts industry is not a prerequisite but is advantageous.
- · Demonstrated experience in leading a team; providing supportive feedback for constant development
- · Excellent communication with polished interpersonal skills
- · Capacity to self-drive and deliver tasks while also adhering to national processes
- · Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible, calm and focused under pressure
- · A positive 'can-do' attitude and team-oriented approach
- · Flexibility towards working hours
The position will reflect a 30 hour workload, with 2.5 days office based work and the remaining hours undertaken on regular Thursday evenings, occasional evening work and various event work on some weekends. These dates of commitment are prepared a year in advance so you can plan ahead. Office hours are flexible, with the provision to tailor work hours that suit (preferably with some time undertaken on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday). In addition to this progressive working structure there are no after hours during school holidays.
Please send a one page expression of interest and resume (in one document) addressed to Hayley Hawksford firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Thursday June 29 2017.