Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PA & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Falcona (Sydney)
Falcona is a boutique music agency based out of Surrey Hills, responsible for a number of artists, festivals and other music events. They are on the lookout for a bright and energetic music fiend to fill a part-time roll as personal assistant to the company director & booking agents. As an entry level position into the music industry, further training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- PA to the Managing Director
- General office duties such as answering phones, calendar management, itinerary preparation etc.
- Assisting Agents with Administrative Tasks
- Event tasks such as ticket counts & asset management
- Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft office suite and Google cloud equivalents
- Incredible attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
For an entry into the music industry, express your interest in a cover letter and CV via the Pedestrian Website and let them know why you'd be a fantastic addition to their team. Good Luck!
EVENT OPERATIONS MANAGER - The Drop Festival (Sydney)
The Drop Festival is a music festival currently entering its second year of operation and they are looking for an experienced festival head to take up the role of Event Operations Manager for year three. This year's lineup include Angus & Julia Stone, The Jungle Giants and Ball Park music performing at up to five different venues across Australia. The Event Operations Manager will work closely with the Festival Director to plan and execute the 2020 program, with a focus on development applications & festival approvals, managing local councils & other key external stakeholder relationships, event operations, ticketing and team management.
- The production and approval of festival development applications including risk analysis and management, permits, licenses and insurances
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external shareholders
- Control over event operations including patron transport management plans, coordination of staff and volunteers, market stalls and event signage etc.
- Coordination of other various onsite event suppliers outside of Site & Production Management requirements
- Overseeing of event ticketing including the building and management of a ticketing platform, customer service management, execution of sponsorship ticketing sales initiatives, guest lists etc.
- Budget and cost management while adhering to all approval processes
- Work collaboratively with senior management
- Supervise festival staff and volunteers
Experience & skills required:
- Minimum 5 years festival, event, music or other relevant experience
- Mandatory experience developing council applications & securing approvals
- Experience in managing and reporting event budgets
- Extensive experience managing shareholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication, time management, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Current driver's license
If you're an interested party with the required experience to match, email your CV and cover letter explaining why you are an ideal candidate to email@example.com or head to the Pedestrian website for more details.
PRODUCTION AND TOUR COORDINATOR - Merch Fan (Sydney)
Merch Fan are a boutique tour and festival merchandise management company operating all across the entertainment industry, with clients including Tash Sultana, Khalid, Vance Joy, Diplo and more. Highly organised and attentive people are invited to apply for the role of Production and Tour Coordinator, with tasks revolving around the liaising between suppliers, sellers and freight logistics operations.
- Liaise between suppliers, both local and offshore to produce, develop and quote merchandise lines for our clients
- Liaise between our network of sellers across Australia, New Zealand and S.E. Asia, organizing merchandise staffing for concerts, gigs and festivals
- Freight logistics, managing the distribution of merchandise on tour
- Managing and developing our Social Media platforms
- Music or Entertainment industry experience
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills desired but not essential
- A valid driver's license
- Willingness to be available on-call as a contact for our sellers
For more information and for details on how to apply, click here.
STREAMING MANAGER - Mushroom Group (Sydney)
The Mushroom Group is the largest Australian independent music and entertainment company and promotes a number of A-list talents such as Vance Joy, Violent Soho, Julia Jacklin, Childish Gambino, and alt-j. The group is looking for a Sydney Based Streaming Manager to oversee the promotion of Mushroom Group label artists across allocated DSP accounts including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, and YouTube.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Driving of growth and exposure of Mushroom label artists through the servicing, strategic playlist pitching and exploring of all promotional and marketing opportunities both on and off platform
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships across all DSPs
- Working closely with the Head of Radio & Streaming to develop and implement streaming strategies
- Building of an in depth knowledge of key playlists across all digital streaming partners, including the monitoring of weekly playlist movements and analysis of the impact on streaming numbers
- Providing regular and detailed reports of key promotional activity, trends, and performance across all streaming platforms
- Development and oversight of the execution of artist's promotional schedules for your allocated accounts
- Actively participate as part of a large team to support and achieve common goals and the best results
- Attend concerts, events and launches in a work capacity out of regular business hours as required
- Min. 3+ years paid experience in a relevant music industry or media role with radio or streaming pitching experience preferred
- Strong music vocabulary and confident pitching music verbally and in writing
- An in depth knowledge of current international and domestic new music and trends
- A strong involvement and passion for the music and live entertainment industry
- Manages own time effectively and clearly identifies processes and steps that need to be taken to meet role requirements and objectives across multiple projects
That's all for this week, folks! Stay tuned for more...