Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
NATHAN FARRELL ENTERTAINMENT – HEAD OF PROGRAMMING (SYDNEY)
Nathan Farrell Entertainment is seeking applications for the position of Head of Programming to work across the venue/festival programming arm of the company - currently looking after The Basement, Hudson Ballroom (formerly GoodGod Small Club), Max Watt's (Sydney), The Newtown Festival, Bottoms Up Festival (Muswellbrook) and The Flamin' Galah (Brisbane). The successful applicant would work as a key programmer across the company's entire venue/festival roster and report to NFE's Director Nathan Farrell.
- Coordinating the entertainment programs of each of NFE's venue/festival clients
- Carefully and expertly curating each venue's entertainment offering based on the agreed curatorial vision and overall mission statement/culture of the space
- Managing and maintaining informed and effective exterior relationships with key agents, promoters and managers
- Securing shows which meet agreed targets both in terms of audience attendance and food/beverage spend per head
- Managing events calendars for each client
- Managing company workflow of each booking and assigning relevant tasks to appropriate co-workers
- Advancing shows - ticket builds, marketing collateral, riders, technical discussions etc
- Assisting in management of social media assets and social media marketing as well as other traditional forms of venue marketing
- Liaising with promoters to maximize the success of each booking
- Closely managing client relationships with venue managers, production managers, bar managers and technical operators across each venue to ensure the smooth running of each show
- Attending weekly meetings with each client to discuss weekly reports
- Managing promoter settlements between both the ticket agency and the promoter
- Evaluating the success of bookings against agreed KPI's
- Intermittently attending events across each venue to maintain a relevant understanding of the operations of the venue
- Staying up to date with industry trends, new music, promoter activity and competitor activity
Applications close Wednesday May 31. To apply, upload your resume and cover letter here.
APRA AMCOS – PARTNERSHIPS ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (SYDNEY)
Are your organisational skills exceptional? Are you passionate about communication and getting the right message out? Do you thrive seeking out or maintaining key client relationships? Can you demonstrate that you have understanding of specific industries? Want to work in this fast paced environment where the value of music is the focus? Then this could be the job for you.
This role sits across APRA AMCOS’ Communications/Marketing and General Licensing teams working closely with Industry Associations with whom APRA AMCOS has entered into Partnerships. The successful candidate will manage these partnerships and investigate new opportunities and communication requirements to external stakeholders.
- Working closely with Industry Associations to administer the Partnership agreements that have been negotiated
- Engaging with those Associations to ensure that APRA AMCOS utilises the various benefits aligned with key initiatives as set out by the Director, General Licensing
- Liaising with the in house Communications team to identify communication requirements and manage the process to achieve the end result
- Identifying areas of opportunity for dedicated licensing campaigns
- Working closely with the Campaign Manager (Revenue) to maximise branding, communication and networking opportunities at events and meetings
- Coordinating the hosting of information workshops on APRA AMCOS licensing in different regions as well as promoting and growing live music usage in licensed venues
- Ensuring Associations endorse APRA AMCOS and agree to provide information about the APR AMCOS mandate, service and benefits in relation to music use in venues in Australia
- Manage opportunities for brand exposure through industry magazines, e-news, social media and websites
- Maintaining the Partnership Benefits Spreadsheet and populate with all benefits listed in the agreement
- Providing regular status report to Director and Senior Manager, Operations on Partnership activity
- Coordinating travel and expense details for staff, ambassadors and members attending networking and event night
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills
- High level administrative capabilities
- Possess strong ability to foster industry relationships
- Produce a high level of accuracy when undertaking duties
- Demonstrate confident and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Be reliable, adaptable and flexible
- Three-five years of experience in a similar Account Coordinator role in Advertising/Marketing
- Communications experience would be an advantage
Applications close Wednesday May 24. If your skills and abilities suit the role and you’re interested in applying, submit your cover letter and CV to George Vassiliou, email@example.com.
SELECT MUSIC AGENCY – PERSONAL ASSISTANT (SYDNEY)
Personal Assistant to a Senior Agent at one of the country’s top booking agencies, managing the live music careers of some of the best artists in Australia. The role will be assisting one of the senior agents in the office five days a week. Select Music Agency is a boutique music agency based in Tempe. They’re offering the chance to expand your music industry knowledge in the field of live music bookings and build relationships with managers, festivals, promoters, artists and venues.
Join their fast paced office where they look after the live music careers of some of the country’s biggest artists, and buzzworthy new acts. From RUFUS and Boy & Bear, to Tkay Maidza and Japanese Wallpaper, plus everything else in between.
- Schedule appointments and meetings and be across the day to day work of the agent
- Liaise with venues, managers, promoters and ticketing agencies
- Handle logistical aspects of all national tours, including strategising, budgeting, ticketing, and settlements
- Be able to multi-task and have a strong work ethic, with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Good interpersonal, organisation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of contemporary music and the music industry
- Prior experience in a similar position will be viewed favourably, however they are mainly after someone who is passionate about the music industry, is a keen learner with great attention to detail, and has a general knowledge of music venues & festivals in Australia.
Applications close Thursday June 15. To apply, email your CV and a cover letter including your top five favourite artists (international or Australian) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RUMBLE STUDIOS – STUDIO ASSISTANT: JUNIOR ROLE (SYDNEY)
Rumble Studios is an audio production company specialising in the creation of sound & music for advertising. They are currently seeking a studio assistant to help with the day to day running of our Chippendale facility. This is an entry level position that will offer the successful candidate a start in the industry at one of Sydney's most in demand sound studios. The majority of this role is servicing clients. This is a full-time Monday to Friday role.
- Servicing clients (coffees, lunches, ordering taxis etc.)
- Ordering stock for kitchen, bathroom & reception areas.
- Keeping all suites and communal areas tidy.
- Answering & directing phone calls.
- Production music searches
- Providing general assistance to our team of sound designers, composers & producers when required.
- Successful candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, and must take direction well
- Ability to complete a variety of tasks efficiently in this fast pace industry
- Able to work well under pressure
Applications close Thursday May 25. Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.