GENERAL MANAGER - MUSIC VICTORIA (Melbourne)
Music Victoria are looking for a new General Manager at their South Melbourne office. The General Manager will be responsible for the business and operational management of Music Victoria, with direct responsibility for the Operations/Finance/HR portfolios.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles of business and project/program management
- Advanced Excel skills (must love spreadsheets)
- High level of financial acumen
- Advanced understanding of operational planning and continuous improvement
- At least 3 years experience as a General Manager or in a similar role preferred
- Experience managing multiple staff
- Ability to work with high level industry professionals and government
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills
- Demonstrable experience successfully managing the financial affairs of an organisation
- Management, planning and facilitation in the music, arts or related industry
- Experience working directly with corporate sponsors in a music events context is highly regarded
- Experience contributing to the reform of organisations is also highly regarded, especially in terms of the development of new systems, processes and policies
- Advise on efficiencies within the Music Victoria budget
- Support the CEO in developing annual budget process and financial submissions and acquittals
- Ensure invoicing and payment processes are in place in collaboration with the treasurer and book keeper
- Coordinate the annual Music Victoria financial audit, and prepare required internal documents, in consultation with the Bookkeeper and independent auditor.
- Human Resources Management
- Directly manage the Marketing and Projects Manager, Professional Development and Membership Manager, Operations Administrator, Cultivate and Live Music Professionals Project Manager
- In consultation with the Music Victoria CEO, develop a strategic HR plan that identifies how the organisation will plan for people-related challenges and opportunities, including professional development.
- Maintain a performance management/appraisal system for all staff, with KPIs linked to the strategic and operational plans
- Conduct regular performance and timeline reviews with staff in consultation and collaboration with the Music Victoria Chief Executive Officer
- Oversee a small budget of professional development funds for all staff, using a competency matrix to assess new skills necessary to realising the operational and strategic plan
- Develop new systems, processes and policies as required to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation and manage risk
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Music Victoria team and ensure open and clear communication is maintained across the organisation
- Contribute to and participate in senior management strategy meetings
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested by Music Victoria Chief Executive Officer
If you want to have a hand in shaping music in Victoria, send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Sunday January 13.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER FOR LIVE EVENTS - CENTURY ENTERTAINMENT (Sydney)
Century Entertainment Australia produces numerous events and tours each year with a particular focus on comedy festivals and events. As an integral member of the Century Entertainment team, the Associate Producer will contribute to the planning and execution of multiple events throughout the year including, but not limited to: special events for the Sydney and Perth Comedy Festivals, solo and ensemble artist shows at comedy festivals across the country, plus various national tours & one-off shows.
- At least 2 years working in live events or similar role
- A knowledge & understanding of ticketing
- Experience in event marketing, including sound knowledge of online and social marketing
- Knowledge of live events (particularly comedy)
- A strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- The ability to follow processes, multi-task and manage large volumes of work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy
- Establish and manage event budgets
- Communicate with venues, agents & artists
- Establish and monitor event ticketing
- Book and manage transport and accommodation
- Lodge and manage visa applications – where required
- Confirm and manage technical requirements with venues and suppliers
- Establish and manage a marketing budget and plan
- Plan, brief, produce, execute and monitor event marketing and publicity
- Produce and distribute worksheet and itineraries
- Ensure the event is a success and goes ahead as planned
- Be at the event when required
- Audit and lodge all income and expenditure
- Create and send event settlements
If you're an event planner at heart, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Century Entertainment Associate Producer" and an attached cover letter referring to the position descriptions, CV or resume, and an electronic photo of yourself by 5pm Monday January 7.
LECTURER (AUDIO) - SAE INSTITUTE (Sydney)
SAE Sydney is seeking an experienced lecturer/industry professional in the Audio area. As part of the Audio lecturing team, you will deliver classes and workshops, engage in assessment and marking processes, and deliver associated student support and administration tasks.
- Demonstrable teaching experience in one or more SAE discipline area
- Working With Children's Check
- Hold an AQF Level 9, or higher, in a related discipline
- Possess significant industry experience in one or more SAE discipline areas
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills
- A history in the education sector with proven teaching experience
- An industry relevant qualification, preferably in music industry/audio production or an equivalent high level of professional industry practice in the music, audio or creative media industries
- Experience in key areas of the live sound and recording studio and production processes using industry standard software such as Pro Tools and Abelton Live
- A passionate educator who is student focused
- Excellent scholarly expertise and/or industry expertise
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the campus
- Proficient in the use of industry specific software/hardware and processes
- Excellent understanding of transferable skills
- Cultural awareness
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Quality of Learning & Teaching – The effective delivery of modules within SAE Programs
- Pastoral Care – Engagement of students
- Collegial Practice – Building capacity within the organisation via active participation with peers and colleagues
If you're keen to teach the impressionable youth, apply via Seek with a cover letter addressing the criteria and a CV with at least three references.
ASSISTANT CONTENT DIRECTOR - SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO (Perth)
Southern Cross Austereo delivers entertainment solutions to a huge portfolio of multimedia brands. The company is looking for a talented and dynamic Assistant Content Director to work closely with their Content Director.
- Be highly motivated with exceptional time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal – with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of Klotz, Zetta & G Selector
- Able to schedule and formguide music logs
- Could effortlessly undertake an on air shift as a floater announcer
- Able to execute station strategies with the ability to help develop both talent and show
- A constant stream of creative ideas and a great mind for content, with a passion for what's trending
- Work closely with Content Director
- Air tactics
- Script writing
- Air-checking of talent
- Overseeing the station's shows
If this sounds like you, apply via Indeed with a cover letter and resume.
Image via Austin Neill.