Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
ANNOUNCER/ASSISTANT MUSIC DIRECTOR - STAR 104.5, NOVA ENTERTAINMENT PTY (Central Coast)
Nova Entertainment's Star 104.5 is on the hunt for an Announcer/Assistant Music Director to join their team on a key weekday shift.
- A clear understanding of what content resonates with an adult audience
- High level computer skills, and knowledge of professional playout systems
- A unique presentation style
- You'll know the panel like the back of your hand
- Experience in commercial radio
- Experience with RCS Selector
- Hosting a key workday shift daily on Star 104.5
- Music curation
- Assisting with day to day operations
If you're feeling radio-ready, submit a recent air-check, resume and anything relevant you would like to share via the online form on Nova's website.
DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT - BLUESFEST (Lismore)
If you've dreamed of working in the business of live music, this opportunity could be for you. Bluesfest is after a Digital Marketing Assistant to execute campaigns for Bluesfest and Bluesfest Touring.
- At least two years’ experience of using social media platforms (Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Experience in creating, implementing and optimising digital marketing campaigns using customer data and continuously improving on performance
- Excellent attention to detail with strong communications and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Possess strong online communication skills including the ability to relate to different audiences
- Strong Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites and social media advertising skills required
- Video editing skills
- A good understanding of HTML is a bonus
- A love for music and the live entertainment industry
- Plan content for and manage all social media accounts ensuring content created is optimised for each channel
- Understand and work with a variety of CMS and social platforms
- Liaise closely and work with Communications & Publicity Manager, Head of Touring, and external Digital Marketing Partners
- Assist in the creation of social media strategy and content (image, text, video), liaising with the marketing team to initiate, activate and motivate new online communities
- Assist in continually engaging existing online communities through community management
- Collate and analyse statistics for websites and online communities as well as preparing weekly reports from social media advertising data
- Co-ordinate with wider Bluesfest team on any relevant messaging for Festival and Touring that need to be communicated
- Coordinate innovative digital content on site for the festival
- Assist in forecasting and management of updating campaign budgets
- Manage production and distribution of email campaigns
- Manage the monitoring of social media by ensuring all enquiries are responded to and engaging with customers where appropriate
Want to push the digital brand of one of Australia's biggest festivals? Provide examples of relevant work experience and salary expectation in your response via Seek.
DIRECTOR OF MEDIA LICENSING - APRA AMCOS (Sydney)
APRA AMCOS, a leading membership organisation in the arts and cultural industry, is searching for a talented individual to step into the role of Director of Media Licensing.
- At least 10 years’ experience at senior executive-level in a commercial sales role with a proven record of revenue achievement
- Established strong professional networks / connections with Australian broadcast and digital media businesses
- Deep understanding of the Australian music licensing framework and the commercial value of music in broadcast and digital media
- Demonstrated insight into the rapidly evolving commercial uses of music by broadcast and digital media organisations
- Outstanding negotiator, able to secure complex commercial deals at a senior level
- Sound commercial and financial skills and an appreciation of governance issues
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in the development and implementation of innovative best practice initiatives within a complex business environment
- Excellent people management and adaptive leadership skills with a proven record in establishing a successful team-based work environment that enables people to develop their full potential and to do well
- Expert-level communications skills. Able to listen sensitively to the views of others and to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Personable, persuasive, with the capability to credibly represent APRA AMCOS and build strong, long-term relationships with stakeholders
- Lead a team of 18
- Maximising revenue and revenue opportunities
- Working with other relevant managers to develop new or replacement tariffs/schemes and a national media licensing strategy
- Monitoring licensing and expense performance, and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Developing budget, and regularly reporting actual performance to budget, with variance analyses and revised projections
- Gathering market intelligence covering new developments in broadcast and digital media products and services and sales strategies
- Delivering high quality services to clients and members including by ensuring the department adheres to relevant policies and legislation (e.g. Code of Conduct and Privacy)
- Leading and developing a focused, collegiate, high performing team
- Creating, developing and maintaining strong business relationships with broadcast and digital media clients
- Achieving continuous improvement in the performance of the Media Licensing Department
If you feel up to taking on the vital industry mantle at APRA AMCOS, send through a cover letter (1-2 pages) outlining your relevant experience along with an up-to-date resume by 5pm Monday December 10 via Seek.
MUSIC LICENSING MANAGER - AUDIO NETWORK AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Get amongst the world of music licensing at Audio Network Australia. They're currently looking for someone to join the team as a Music Licensing Manager.
- Min 2 years’ experience in a business development role
- Experience selling a creative product is preferred
- Proven experience in negotiation
- At Audio Network we put our customers at the centre of everything we do so the successful applicant will have a similar outlook and a history of providing excellent customer service
- Experience in using Salesforce is preferable but not essential
- Experience working across Asia will be highly regarded
- Understanding of content/video production
- Strong understanding of music and/or music licensing will be highly regarded
- Drive new business and generate subscription revenue across Asia Pacific
- Lead Generation: Utilise your research skills to identify revenue opportunities across multiple sectors including production companies and enterprise
- Business Development: Proactively seek new business with content producers across the Asia Pacific region
- Client Servicing & Management: Manage the needs, relationships, requirements & expectations of clients
- Networking: Drive new business leads by representing Audio Network at domestic and international conferences and networking events
Love music, money and ads? Apply by Thursday January 3 via Audio Network's website to put your name in the ring.
Image via Oscar Keys.