Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
PARLOUR – MARKETING COORDINATOR (MELBOURNE)
Parlour is Australia's largest platform for house concerts. They’re looking for a talented Marketing Coordinator to contribute to the growth of their Community and to help implement marketing strategies, programs and campaigns.
- You will work closely with the Head of Community to develop and implement marketing activities.
- Execution of campaigns across email, social and traditional channels.
- Copywriting, editing and image management
- Assist in the implementation of a content and social media strategy
- Assist in building, managing and optimising of Paid Channels (for ex. Retargeting, Facebook)
- Managing reports, CRM, google analytics and social platforms
- Help with admin tasks
- Help manage a team of remote content creators
- Be an energetic brand advocate
- Passionate love of music and house concerts
- Brilliant administrative skills
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro
- Experience in Social Media Management and Facebook Ad Campaigns
- Bachelor degree or event management or marketing qualifications
- 1 - 3+ years in managing marketing campaigns, or agency experience
- Experience in music, bookings or events a plus.
Applications close Monday May 22, head over here to apply today.
BEDLAM RECORDS – PUBLICIST (BRISBANE)
Bedlam Records, now in its seventh year running, stands as one of Brisbane’s most well known and respected independent records labels. Managing the activity of all their artists, creating content, publishing new music and putting on some of Brisbane’s most successful events are the fundamentals of their annual workload. The company is looking for the perfect applicant to publicise and create engaging conversations about the label, and their artists in particular. They’re looking for longevity. If you’ve been working in the music industry and have clocked up some notable experience, this could be an opportunity to put all of that experience to work.
The core of what Bedlam Records does is of course music, so a following and love for music well help; however, they are looking for someone with a particular passion for press, journalism and publicity. This is a paid position and they are seeking applicants who already have the experience and who are looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing business. Bedlam Records works tirelessly every year to remain an influential player in the music scene right across Australia. This is an opportunity to be a part of the movement they are instigating in Brisbane; to make long lasting contacts and help the collective of extremely talented artists on this label to reach their goals.
- Press releases; monthly and music release specific
- Press and Release Marketing Strategies
- Press Contact (organising, planning and client liaison)
- Press Content Conception – (Creative Content) Video, Artwork and Photography (Planning & Production)
- Label Artist Liaison and Strategy Management
- EPK & Artists Asset Updating
- Relevant tertiary graduates will be highly regarded.
You will be required to apply your own initiative in order to accelerate personal growth within the company. The workload will entail casual or part time hours for the first few months, with further growth determined on your performance. A solid salary is on offer with the intention for a successful applicant to grow and potentially become a long standing and valuable part of the business.
If you think you are the right publicist for the job, apply by Friday May 26 right here.
UNIFIED – FINANCE MANAGER (MELBOURNE)
UNIFIED is the soundtrack of good people working together to achieve extraordinary results. They exist as an artist services company; giving choice and freedom back to their artists on how they manage their career and music. The Finance Manager will work closely with the General Manager and the finance team to manage the financial needs of the various entities of UNIFIED including; Labels, Management Company, Publishing, Touring, Merchandise and other associated entities.
- Overseeing the management of all UNIFIED financial needs including:
- Company budgeting – preparation and management of all budgets with GM and executive team
- Report and analyse performance of all entities in accordance with reporting schedule
- Manage cashflow for all entities
- Manage the financial team including royalty administration and external accountants
- An ability to communicate effectively via email and in person, reliability and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Strong grammar, knowledge of email etiquette and refined communication skills are imperative to the job.
- An in-depth knowledge of Xero accounting software is essential.
- Must have a minimum of four years experience in managing business financial services, including experience with all of the above elements; budgeting, reporting, cashflow and team management.
- The applicant must also have an understanding of operating in a structured environment; that is you must understand deadlines, analysing and reporting on results and not be afraid to voice your concerns and put forward your solutions.
Applicants with the relevant experience need only apply. Applications close Sunday May 21, head here to make it yours.
APRA AMCOS – COMPLIANCE OFFICER (SYDNEY)
APRA AMCOS are seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active candidate to take on the role of Compliance Officer within the General Licensing department reporting to the National Account Administration Manager. Compliance Officers are out on the field registering actual use of music at specified venues at specified times. The core hours are between Thursday and Sunday night, from 10:00pm – 3:00am
- Verify music usage at nominated locations within NSW
- Report venue information of music usage and to collect attendance figures which substantiate the licence fees and also to report use of music in new businesses.
- Scope new business by location
- General knowledge of music industry, and local venues
- Country travel required occasionally
- Current driver’s licence and car essential
Applications close on Friday May 19. To apply, email your cover letter and resume with two previous employer referee contacts to Tara-Lea Whyte.