EDITOR, MUSIC PROGRAMMER - SPOTIFY (Sydney)
Keen to step into a key role with the biggest player in international streaming? Spotify is on the hunt for a contracted Editor in their Music Programming Division to join the team and continue blazing the trail for music streaming Down Under.
- At least 5 years of experience in the music industry, programming music for radio, or other media networks or streaming music services, working with a broad range of music content
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on Australia and New Zealand and their music marketplace
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of using Spotify
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Australian and New Zealand music industry
- You care about attention to detail and organisation, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- A strong passion for music is a necessity
- Curate content, including a large number of diverse playlists, with a specific focus on domestic artists and genres
- The majority of time will be spent in the playlist ecosystem identifying new music and updating current playlist properties as measured by daily, weekly and monthly metrics
- Analyse performance indicators of your own work and adjust accordingly
- Liaise and support internal stakeholders, including Artist and Label Relations and Marketing on genre-related projects and artist insights
- Liaise with global Spotify counterparts in order to identify, champion and export domestic repertoire in international markets
- Support S&E in ANZ cross-functional bets
- Support Business Development and B2B executions where required
- Work with the Global Editorial Team and cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives, both globally and for your region
Apply today via Spotify's Jobs Portal.
ROYALTY REPORTING ADMINISTRATOR - UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (Sydney)
Universal Music Group – you know, the big dogs who cater for the likes of Taylor Swift, Drake, Tame Impala and more – are currently accepting applications for a 12-month contracted Royalty Reporting Administrator position. Based in Sydney, you'll be supporting the Royalties team to make sure everyone gets their fair share of moolah from their music – it doesn't get any more fulfilling than that.
- You are a mastermind problem solver and superb self-starter
- You have an impeccable eye for detail and outstanding organisation
- You thrive off pressure and deadlines
- You have proven customer service skills and will go above and beyond for internal and external contacts
- You’re a Microsoft Office super user and also a nerd for learning new systems
- You love spreadsheets
- Master label copy and release data for Australia and New Zealand in an abundance of bespoke systems
- Prepare artist royalty statements for your allocated labels
- Work with artists and artist management on any and all royalty related questions
- Collaborate on team projects on improving systems and processes - suggestions are always welcome
- Work closely with the wider Universal business of royalty related issues
Sound like your jam? Dust off your resume and get started with your application.
OPERATIONS/TOURING MANAGER - CHUGG MUSIC (Sydney)
As the Artist Management, Recorded Music and Publishing Division of Chugg Entertainment, Chugg Music is on track to become one of the biggest names in the Australian music industry. They're looking for a passionate and motivated team leader to be in charge of general business operations, touring and logistics in this Sydney based role.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the music industry, with at least 2 of those at manager level
- Experience in the broader entertainment industry or related industries will also be considered
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, possess a keen eye for detail and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Previous artist management, touring, logistics or record label experience is strongly desired
- Administrative responsibilities across internal business unit functions, including finance management
- Operational management of artist roster under the direction of the Head of Chugg Music, overseeing live touring logistics and general business activities for the artists across all live, recording, merchandising, publishing, endorsement and other commercial activities
- Supervision of artist/writer activity alongside the Head of Chugg Music, including management of campaign budgets, scheduling and logistics
For more information and to apply, check out Chugg's Seek listing here.
VOLUNTEER MUSICIAN - HAMMONDCARE (Melbourne)
Got a spare couple of hours every week and want to jam? This one's for you. HammondCare, an elderly care facility in Caufield, is seeking a casual volunteer to have a weekly jam session with one of its residents, a retired professional musician who plays drums and guitar. All you need to do is bring along your own instrument of choice, and you're all set to go.
Being that it's a volunteer position in a nursing home, you will be required to undergo a national police check, which HammondCare is more than happy to arrange and pay for you. This could be one of the most fulfilling experiences of your musical life - what are you waiting for?
Click here to apply, and make sure to let HammondCare know why you're keen to volunteer in your application.