Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
SENIOR PUBLICIST – NOVA ENTERTAINMENT (Sydney)
Nova Entertainment is one of the biggest names in the Australian music industry, and this could be your chance to join their team. They’re looking for an experienced publicist to join their Sydney publicity team for a 12-month maternity leave position.
- 3+ years publicity experience
- A lateral thinker who is willing to look at things in a creative way
- Strong media relationships in the Sydney market
- Proven success in pitching story ideas
- Ability to build internal and external relationships
- Can work well under pressure
- Able to appreciate deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships with announcers, productions teams, internal staff and key media
- Work closely with the National Publicity Director across every area of the business including on air, announcers, brand and promotions, digital and sales
- Publicise the Nova and smoothfm media brands in Sydney
- Develop initiatives for national programs emanating from these markets alongside the National Publicity Director and Sydney Senior Publicist
- Explore all appropriate press and other media opportunities
- Generate press coverage, media opportunities and red carpet coverage for Australia’s premier live music platform, Nova’s Red Rooms
If this sounds like you, apply here today.
PUBLICIST – MTV NETWORKS (Sydney)
MTV and Comedy Central Australia & New Zealand is on the hunt for a talented and experienced Publicist to join the team in Darlinghurst, Sydney.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role in the media industry
- Experience writing press releases
- Experience in developing and executing creative PR campaigns
- Knowledge of the Australian & New Zealand media landscape
- Existing entertainment media contacts desirable
- Relevant tertiary qualifications are desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience / knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and MailChimp highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Strong understanding of social media and communications
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage own deadlines
- Positive and committed attitude
- Flexible and hard working
- Passionate and driven
- Strong problem solving skills
- Work with the Publicity & Communications Manager on the development and execution of creative publicity campaigns for monthly channel highlights and events, in conjunction with VIMN Australia & New Zealand business objectives
- Pitch and coordinate talent interviews with media
- Talent management including arranging travel & overseeing interviews/shoots
- Build and maintain relationships with key entertainment media
- Write press releases for key monthly priorities, in addition to assisting with trade announcements, internal communications and press releases for all other channels and events as required
- Compile both weekly coverage highlights and monthly post-campaign reports, including assessing the monetary value of media coverage
- Write monthly highlights and distribute to press and affiliates
- Coordinate and update budgets (i.e. logging costs, raising purchase orders, departmental expenses and travel costs)
- Work together with PR Manager to boost trade communication
- Help coordinate communications for other areas of business
- Manage Publicity Intern
- Work closely with affiliates and partners and keep them across all priorities & activities
Keen? Send your resume and cover letter over to MTV to apply.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER – MOSHTIX (Melbourne)
Moshtix, one of Australia’s leading independent ticketing providers, is hoping to find a new Client Relationship Manager – could it be you?
- 3+ years experience in the ticketing industry with a proven track record in managing and building long-term quality relationships with clients
- Passion for events and a strong awareness of how the industry operates, allowing you to easily relate to staff, promoters, venues and ticket buyers
- Understanding of the value of relationships within the industry
- Recognise the value of proactive face-to-face interaction with staff, clients, and industry peers
- Equally effective at managing up (management), across (clients, industry peers), and down (junior staff, event day staff)
- Able to demonstrate how you could make a positive contribution to the culture of moshtix through previous experience
- A proactive, responsive, and highly organised self-starter who takes great pride in what you do
- Client Relationship Management: Provide exceptional day-to-day support and value to clients, large and small. This involves being the primary point of contact for clients, using your outstanding communication skills and the ability to develop rapport and trust with clients to build long-term relationships. Tasks include full event-cycle planning and execution, forecasting, event building, programming traditional and digital marketing activities, face-to-face client interaction, and developing renewal strategies with the Head of Business Operations. Your ultimate ambition will be to create inseparable relationships with clients through the level of service they receive from you and the mutual value created by moshtix’s connection with them.
- Marketing Coordination: Collaborate with clients to ensure marketing plans and resources are best deployed to align with client outcomes. This will involve planning, executing and reviewing marketing campaigns across moshtix’s own traditional marketing assets and working alongside their team of marketing experts to execute digital campaigns.
- Event Day Management: Oversee the delivery of event day services for your clients. Responsibilities include liaising with the Event Services team on staff and equipment requirements, attending key events in the capacity of Relationship Manager, and supporting the Event Services team on an ad hoc basis for your clients’ events. Attendance will be required at some, but not all of your clients’ events.
- Business Support: Assist the Client Services and Business Development teams during peak periods and provide cover for staff leave from time to time. Having people in their team who recognise the importance of supporting one another is a key part of the culture of moshtix.
- Culture: Make a positive contribution to the culture of moshtix and look for ways to help them become Australia’s employer of choice in the ticketing industry. Get involved in their Culture Club from time to time!
If you’re interested in this opportunity, update your CV and send it across to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 15.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (MUSIC & TOURING) – PITCH CONTROL (Melbourne)
Pitch Control is a touring and event promoter company based out of Prahran, Melbourne, with a roster boasting electronic artists such as DJ Snake, Duke Dumont, JAUZ, and more. Due to company growth, they’re looking for a marketing gun to join their team.
- A passion / understanding for electronic music. Familiarity with the artists and market we operate in will be looked upon favourably
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in music and/or event marketing, with a proven ability in digital and social media marketing
- In-depth understanding of Facebook marketing and Business Manager, including custom audiences, pixels, remarketing, partner data, advertiser access, crossposting and targeting
- An understanding of, or ability to quickly learn offline and street marketing strategies, with the ability to maximise and amplify partner and sponsorship opportunities
- Attention to detail, and strong organisational skills
- Great stakeholder management and communication, as you will be in constant contact with artist management, agents, promoters and other interested parties
- Ability to produce insightful reports in a clear, concise and logical manner
Nice to have:
- Higher education in marketing, advertising, communications or a similar discipline
- An existing network with suppliers, and/or the greater music/entertainment industry
- Experience with asset creation (Photoshop, InDesign, iMovie, etc)
- You will plan and execute end-to-end marketing strategies as per allocated budget, by considering the nuances of the demographic you’re speaking to
- Create and execute a cohesive cross-channel marketing strategy, which may include Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram, Mailchimp (or other eDM software), Spotify and relevant offline channels
- You will source PR opportunities for our smaller tours, or manage our external publicist for larger tours or festivals. This includes maximising PR opportunities not just on media channels, but via paid amplification
- Create and/or source visual assets, including tour flyers and other promotional material, show photographers and videographers, cuts, radio ads, etc.
- Planning and managing content across existing social media channels (Facebook and Instagram)
- Own any new marketing initiatives and tests, including new platforms or features
- Managing and evaluating partner and sponsor opportunities
- Creating logical and clear marketing plans, updates and reports
Found your calling? Apply here with a resume and cover letter before Thursday July 12.
Image via Edwin Andrade.