Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
SYNTH, DJ AND MUSIC PRODUCTION PRODUCT MANAGER - ROLAND (Sydney)
Dream job alert. Are you an electronic music nerd? Would you consider yourself a synthesiser enthusiast? Know the difference between a 808 and a 909 kick? If so, this job has got your name written all over it. Roland is looking for a music enthusiast with previous sales experience to join their Sydney team to take over the management of their Synth, DJ and Music Production products, and help inspire further generations to continue making fat beats from the bedroom to beyond.
- Work closely with established dealers, helping them produce and promote engaging content for their social media and website
- Have a thorough understanding of different marketing channels (e.g. website, blog, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) and how to use them
- Provide product training for retail salespeople with hands-on ‘customer focused’ real world examples
- Work closely with artists, influencers and industry bodies
- Monitor market conditions, competitive products and consumer sentiment; producing reports and making suggestions
- A commercial understanding of the role, accompanied by a belief that providing application based ‘value’ marketing will lead to sales
Interested? Of course you are. Wipe the drool off your keyboard, find your resume, and apply today.
MUSIC PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR - NOVA ENTERTAINMENT (Sydney)
If you're looking to get a leg up in the world of radio, this could be your jam. Nova FM is on the hunt for a Music Promotions Coordinator to join their Music Marketing team in Sydney and work on a range of live and on-air projects, including esteemed live concert series Nova Red Room.
- Previous media, events or music experience (radio or music industry preferred)
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Great attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to cope under pressure and multiple deadlines
Don't take that gap year - go get some cash. Suss all the details here and apply today.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER (HACK) - TRIPLE J (Sydney)
Alternatively, if you're looking to progress to the next stage in your radio career, read on - this could be the opportunity of a lifetime for one experienced punter. Triple J is looking for a new Executive Producer for their hugely popular current affairs show Hack, and yes, you should absolutely apply to this position.
For more details on the position and to apply, follow the link here.
MUSIC ASSISTANT - AUDIO NETWORK (Sydney)
Audio Network is a Sydney-based music company responsible for creating and supplying tracks for a range of brands, broadcasters, filmmakers and creatives all over the world, with a packed roster featuring over 1000 artists and a catalogue of 150,000 songs. Audio Network is currently accepting applications for a Music Assistant to join their sales team in Sydney and help source emerging talent for the company.
- 1+ years’ experience in a music-related role such as a record label, publisher, music PR firm, music press, radio station or booking agency
- 1+ years in a professional/office environment
- Display a thorough understanding of musical concepts and music production standards through a demonstrated musicality or music/audio qualifications
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Music Sourcing: respond to client briefs by providing creative music recommendations
- Feedback: provide customer feedback and insights on local trends to the global music team
- Internal release communications: keep the team informed on upcoming and notable releases
- Sales Admin: to provide basic sales admin support to the sales team
- A&R coordination: collaborate with the wider music team to coordinate APAC album recordings, evaluate composer/artist demos, source new artist & composer talent, and provide general support to the A&R Manager
If this sounds like your cup of tea, hit the link here to find out more and apply today.
Image via Josh Groom.