Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
ADVERTISING SALES & EDITORIAL COORDINATOR - MIXDOWN MAGAZINE (MELBOURNE)
A rare opportunity exists for a unique individual to join the ranks of Mixdown Magazine: Australia’s only free magazine dedicated to music and music equipment. Overseeing print and online advertising sales across a well established title, you'll combine your talent for communication and negotiation with strong attention to detail as you not only sell advertising into, but coordinate editorial & video content across the magazine's print, online & social platforms. You'll be part of one of Australia's foremost youth culture and music media companies based in inner city Melbourne and enjoy everything this fast-paced and exciting job offers. You're the sort of person who would love being out in the field in the music, musical instruments & studio equipment industries. You'll also have the opportunity to travel Interstate.
- Sales experience essential; either outbound sales in a business to business environment or music equipment sales: music equipment/instruments retail/wholesale.
- A genuine passion for music and music equipment; the ability to play one or more musical instruments is desirable.
- A demonstrable understanding of the modern media landscape including traditional and non-traditional forms of media.
- An ability to write well and assemble information intelligently.
The successful candidate will have had significant exposure to music equipment, for instance - full or part time work in instrument or accessories sales in a musical equipment retail or wholesale environment. Salary and uncapped incentives are on offer, plus phone and car allowance.
If you've got what it takes get in contact. Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VENUE BOOKER & PROGRAMMING ASSISTANT - CENTURY VENUES (SYDNEY)
Century Venues is seeking applications for the position of Venue & Events Programming Assistant to work in the programming and venue bookings team across the iconic Enmore, Metro and Factory Theatres as well as The Sydney Comedy Store and The Concourse Chatswood Performing Arts Centre. The successful applicant would be reporting to the group's CEO and be responsible for assisting the programming team to source, secure and contract events for the groups suite of venues and working with its associated produced festival events such as the Sydney and Perth Comedy Festivals and Sydney Fringe Comedy.
Key priorities the programming department is responsible for include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating entertainment at various venues.
- Identifying and contracting music, comedy, cabaret, theatre and business events that fit within the groups entertainment policy and curatorial framework
- Securing events to meet venue utilisation targets
- Managing the events calendar and activity in association with the groups procedures and workflow
- Fielding, quoting, advancing and following up new event enquiries in line with the groups business objectives
- Manage client relationships and expectations to the highest standards of service
- Staying abreast and up to date with industry releases, new work, promoter activity and competitor/interstate venue activity
- Understanding of event genres and customer demographics
- Understanding of the industry and rates
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills.
- High levels of interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience coordinating and interpreting event requirements.
- Basic understanding of staging, technical requirements of performance, including sound and lighting requirements.
- Basic understanding of venue legal compliance relating to music performance fees and legislative requirements like occupational health and safety issues relating to mains power, rigging, and noise levels etc
To apply please include the following in your application and send to email@example.com for consideration:
1. A covering letter providing details of how your skills/ability, knowledge, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
2. A CV
3. A Photo image of the applicant
4. All applicants are requested to provide names and contact details of two referees
TOUR OPERATIONS COORDINATOR - CHUGG ENTERTAINMENT (SYDNEY)
Chugg Entertainment are looking for an organised and passionate person to join their team as Tour Operations Coordinator. Supporting the Head of Tour Operations, primarily in relation to ticketing and venue operations, this role will involve all aspects of a project from start to finish, including liaising with venues to build a tour itinerary, working with ticket agencies to set up a tour going on sale and managing ticketing inventory throughout the tour campaign.
The successful candidate must have a keen eye for detail, enjoy process-oriented tasks and successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines while remaining focused and calm under pressure. Previous experience in ticketing and/or venue operations is preferred. Some experience in music or a similar industry is favourable, although not essential.
- Gathering and managing venue availability and producing tour itineraries
- Managing timelines around announcements, pre-sales and general on sales
- Liaising with the marketing team to provide collateral to venues and ticket agencies
- Building new events including placing holds and preparing ticket headers
- Managing ticket inventory once tours are on sale
- Regularly updating and circulating ticket sales
- Managing guest lists and tour accreditation
- Coordinating box office procedures
- Strong computer skills across Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel
- Ability to work consistently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Proactive thinking and excellent problem solving skills
- A team player who can also work well independently
Application close 5pm, Friday 14 April 2017, send to Hannah Blank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCOUNT MANAGER - MUSIC LICENSING SALES - AUDIO NETWORK (SYDNEY)
Bringing a catalogue of 130,000+ original music tracks to international film, TV, advertising and digital businesses, Audio Network is one of the most exciting and fastest growing businesses in the global music industry. With offices in Sydney, London, New York, LA, Toronto, Amsterdam, Munich, Paris and an international network of sub-publishers, we are a global music company full of creative and passionate music and media professionals. Audio Network is unique in owning and controlling all publishing and recording rights in its music, allowing the company to provide high value and hassle-free music licensing solutions for media use.
Audio Network is looking for a Account Manager to join their Sydney team, working in the advertising space. Reporting to the Head of Branded Content, Australia & New Zealand, you will be responsible for providing creative support and licensing solutions to advertising agencies, production companies, post-production facilities and TVC Directors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Hitting new business sales targets
- Provide exceptional customer service and account management to an existing client base
- Lead generation
- Provide music recommendations & creative consultancy to content producers
- Some domestic & NZ travel required
Skills & Experience:
- 2 yrs+ experience in a business-to-business client servicing role is essential
- High level networker
- High level understanding of music & music trends
- Understanding of music licensing/publishing is preferred
- Experience working in the advertising industry is preferred
- Experience working in a creative industry will be highly regarded
- This role would suit someone who has worked as an Account Manager, Producer, or in a creative Sales role.
- You will feel confident working towards sales targets
- We're looking for someone who is passionate about music and can confidently provide creative music solutions to media professionals.
- Our customers are talented story tellers and you will share their passion for creativity & entertainment.
- You will be a natural networker, outgoing, social, personable and have plenty of charisma.
- Highly driven but also working well as part of a team
- You bring a positive attitude to work every-day
Please send a resume with a cover letter to Jordan Smith, Head of Branded Content at email@example.com.