Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
LABEL SERVICES MANAGER - UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (Sydney)
Big dog corporate record label chiefs Universal Music Australia are on the hunt for a new Label Services Manager to join the team on a six-month contract. Residing in an office with million dollar harbour views, this Sydney based position will see the successful candidate assist with executing marketing plans across streaming services and provide day-to-day assistance to support the company.
- 2-3 years’ experience in music, entertainment, streaming or digital world
- You spend more time per day than you’d like to admit curating your perfect playlists
- You’re a subscriber and consumer of various music and media platforms and know the ins and outs of music streaming
- You have a knack for developing and nurturing relationships with clients and contacts
- You may have basic experience in Photoshop or video editing software
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partner labels, providing day-to-day account management on all matters and queries
- Responsible for facilitating and project managing marketing plans for partner label digital and physical releases
- Attend creative meetings to influence and implement new strategies, working closely with the Head of Marketing
- Work closely with the Streaming & Digital teams to implement streaming and optimisation strategies with national/global playlists and platforms
- Collaborate with key areas of the business including operations, promotions, brands, and merchandise, to execute product scheduling, pre-orders, tour stock and much more
Sound like your kind of gig? Prep your resume, jot down a cover letter, and click here to apply.
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER - SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO (Melbourne)
Radio giants Southern Cross Austereo are currently accepting applications for a fresh young go-getter to join their Melbourne offices as a Digital Content Producer. This position will see the lucky candidate work for Fox FM's Breakfast Show, creating content with the likes of Fifi Box and ex-Carlton legend Brendan Fevola to help wake up Melbourne in the morning.
- Creating, producing and executing digital content for Fifi, Fev and Byron's websites, social media presences and digital platforms
- Generate innovative ideas to attract new audiences by producing unique and compelling content on desktop, mobile apps and social platforms
Who would ever want to miss out on the opportunity to work with Fev? Apply here.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (ARTISTIC) - MELBOURNE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA (Melbourne)
Melbourne's Chamber Orchestra is seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to assume the role as Artistic Operations Manager to tour with the Chamber Orchestra and help ensure that things roll smoothly on the road - basically, you're the one responsible for making the musicians focus on nothing but the music. No pressure.