Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
MARKETING DIRECTOR - UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (Sydney)
Island Records Australia, the home of artists such as Matt Corby, Vera Blue and Broods, is on the hunt for a Marketing Director. Operating under the Universal Music Group banner, this position will see the lucky (and extremely talented and business savvy) individual create marketing plans and release strategies to bolster artist development and maximise local and international exposure.
- A crazy passion for Australian music and knowledge of the local scene
- Experienced marketer who has worked in a capacity connected to music/media/entertainment
- Someone who has strengths in leading and mentoring, as part of a team
- A tenacious, charismatic relationship builder with excellent influencing skills
- Strong knowledge in digital music platforms and transformation of the industry. Armed with creative ideas to monetise in the ever-changing landscape
- Working with the Head of Island Records Australia to lead the creation of artist marketing strategies to drive local and international success for designated roster
- Managing and developing artists through innovative marketing campaigns including direct to fan initiatives, content creation, unique product development, brand opportunities, events and social campaigns
- Working closely with and forming strong relationships with all departments across the business to drive artist marketing campaigns and identify opportunities
- Communicating artist vision and marketing objectives to all key stakeholders
- Having excellent relationships with artists, artists managers, publishers, agents, international label partners and other key stakeholders
- Understanding and using data and consumer insights to identify trends and inspire innovative ideas to connect artists with their fans
- Responsible for budget performance and key success metrics for artist marketing projects, including managing and reviewing campaigns and ensuring objectives are achieved
Keen? Apply today at HR.Australia@umusic.com
SYNCHRONISATION MANAGER - WARNER MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Got an eye for all things arty? Know how to catch a vibe? Is linking sound and vision your forte? This job might be the one for you. Warner Music Australia, the home of artists such as Stormzy, Cardi B, Ed Sheeran and everyone in between, is looking for a Synchronisation Manager to join their Sydney offices.
- Enhanced creative skills, with a heightened knowledge of the emotive powers of connecting music and video to create a full product
- Exisitng contacts within the film or media industry, including studios and agencies that use music to connect their brand with customers
- Results driven with the ability to rise to the task and achieve commerical goals
- The ability to generate new relationships and positive opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of domestic and international Warner Music master recordings
- Strategically develop and increase synchronisation activity to successfully achieve set financial budgets
- Manage all stages of the sync request, including negotiation, clearance and drafting/issuing of the licence agreement for all Warner Music content used in media such as Advertising, TV Promos, Film & TV, Online and corporate videos
- Generate new relationships and opportunities while developing existing connections with music supervisors, TV networks and creative agencies in order to create revenue and exposure for our artists
- Take responsibility for the creative strategy to maximise synchronisation opportunities for Warner artists and repertoire by organising meetings, listening sessions, active pitching for briefs and sending out music samplers
- Identify new business opportunities and maximise commercial partnerships to increase volume and synchronisation income stream
- Build relationships with the international Warner Music sync/licensing teams to create awareness and opportunities for Domestic artists on the global stage
- Work closely with Brand Partnerships to coordinate on deals, particularly when pertaining to sync
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT MUSIC DIRECTOR - SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO (Sydney)
Sydney's 2Day FM is curently accepting applications for an Assistant Music Director / Floater to help drive the musical direction of one of the city's most popular radio stations. In this role, you will work closely with the Content Director & Head of Music to ensure the station’s strategic objectives are achieved through excellent music scheduling and effective tactical planning.
- Experience with GSelector and Zetta playout systems
- Be able to adapt your skillset to all aspects of the station, working on music, content and shows
- Have the ability to present a shift that connects with the stations demo
- Be proactive in all facets of your role to take SCA and your own career to the next level
- Have a full understanding of the Commercial Radio Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
Interested? Dust off your resume and click here to apply today.
Image via Adi Goldstein.