Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
ANNOUNCER – SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO (Mildura)
Southern Cross Austereo delivers engaging entertainment through dynamic radio programs to give you everything you need to bring your best self to work. They’re currently looking for an announcer to join their team based in Mildura.
- The ability to carry on-air shifts at a commercial level
- Operational skills and awareness, with relevant experience
- A sound knowledge and understanding of CRA's Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- Competence with commercial radio music scheduling experience
- A Genuinely passionate about music, news, current events and a unique perspective
- Working closely with the content director in creating engaging and dynamic radio
- Ensuring the station’s strategic objectives are achieved through excellent local communication, effective tactical planning/execution, and on-air work that makes you stand out
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume, recent on-air check and cover letter here.
PUBLICIST – SECRET SOUNDS (Melbourne)
The team at Secret Service PR works with some of the biggest names in the music industry, including Tropical Fuck Storm, The Wombats, At The Drive In, Kingswood and more, alongside their efforts for festivals such as Falls and Yours & Owls. They’re searching for a full-time publicist to work out of their Fitzroy office.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, Adobe and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Full driver’s license is essential
- A passion for music and music focused events
- Strong knowledge of local media platforms
- Strong knowledge of local music industry
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ample creativity and energy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to hustle
- Great personality and sense of humour
- Liaising with national media across all platforms radio, online, TV and print
- Creating and maintaining media schedules
- Writing press releases and bio material
- Creation of campaign strategies and pitching
- Media clipping collation
- Report writing
- Onsite event publicity management
If this sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter across to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday June 15.
SOCIAL & CONTENT COORDINATOR – MUSHROOM (Melbourne)
Mushroom, Australia and New Zealand’s largest independent music group, is hoping to find an innovative content producer to spearhead their online channels. The successful candidate will work across the two dozen companies under Mushroom’s umbrella, working with everyone from emerging artists to worldwide superstars.
- A passion for and knowledge of music
- A flair for writing
- Demonstrable experience of content planning
- Capability to create compelling ideas and an understanding of the creative process
- Experience managing a small team will be looked upon favourably
- A minimum of 2-3 years working as a content producer or editor in publishing and/or social
- Ability to juggle a large number of projects at once
- Highly organised, creative, detail-oriented and capable of liaising with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally experienced in social media, SEO, WordPress, email newsletter marketing, basic graphic design and video editing software (although not all are mandatory)
- Developing and implementing an engaging strategy to promote content via Mushroom’s channels
- Liaise with relevant internal project managers to coordinate a cohesive schedule, conceptualise the content and organise its implementation
- Manage a budget
- Liaise with freelancers
- Maintain detailed reporting systems for all of Mushroom’s branded digital channels
- Develop and produce engaging digital content across all channels
- Long-lead planning to fit around key releases and campaigns
- Planning capture of content at live events
- Maintaining high editorial standards across all social accounts
- Shaping the editorial strategy across all platforms
- Presenting ideas and reporting on performance to stakeholders
If you love music, producing amazing content, and are obsessed with the ever-changing digital landscape, apply here.