Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
BREAKFAST PRODUCER - TRIPLE J (Sydney)
The Triple J breakfast slot is one of the most esteemed positions in national broadcasting, boasting over a million listeners per week and the internationally regarded Friday morning Like A Version series. If you're a Sydneysider and like waking up early, then this job could be for you - Triple J is hunting for a new Breakfast Producer to join Ben, Liam and Brooke for the morning slot.
- Proven experience in radio with advanced editorial skills and judgement. Extensive and high level experience in producing key elements of program sound
- Ability to produce creative and engaging radio for a young audience. An intricate understanding of the audience and the strategic direction of triple j
- Ability to produce online content that engages and challenges a youth demographic
- High-level interpersonal and motivational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to provide feedback to presenters
- Sound working knowledge and experience in operating digital broadcast systems and production equipment
- Direct the sound of triple j breakfast daily and in longer campaigns
- Take and implement feedback from triple j’s Content Manager
- Produce daily the on-air triple j Breakfast program including providing in-studio production support, managing talkback and managing guests
- Work with the presenters - develop content, interviews, competitions and campaigns for the program
- Write, produce, mix and edit interviews and other elements for the Breakfast program
- Co-ordinate daily Breakfast program content across all platforms including video, online and mobile
- Plan and produce outside broadcasts and special events for the Breakfast program and other triple j programs as required
Sounds like a good gig, right? Head on over to ABC Careers and start your application today.
SENIOR MUSIC CURATOR - AMAZON MUSIC (Sydney)
Amazon Music - yep, they're in the music industry now - is looking for a seasoned industry professional to design and push their music programming strategy for Australia. Based in Sydney, this position is focused around the creation and maintenance of public playlists and other curatorial tasks to enhance the quality of Amazon Music's overall customer experience.
- BS/BA required
- 5-7 years experience in radio programming, A&R, music curation and/or running an editorial calendar
- Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- Stong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to set aside one's own tastes and biases to curate music for a broad audience
- Deliver high quality music programming, including playlists and stations
- Create and manage a rolling editorial calendar
- Conceive and execute a continuous content improvement process
- Drive improvements of tools and techniques required to support a growing curated music offering
- Work with Content Licensing and Vendor Management teams to identify content to include in the service
- Use data to continuously refine our content to offer a compelling user experience for each customer
Interested? Apply here.
GENERAL HAND - RODE MICROPHONES (Sydney)
Rode Microphones make some of the finest professional recording and performing microphones available on the consumer market - and, hopefully, you'll be able to help them out with this. They're currently looking for an experienced go-getter to lend a hand in their Sydney facility.
If you've got any building or carpenter experience and a background in music, Rode are looking to hear from you - just have your CV ready and write a cover letter explaining why you'd like to be a part of the Rode team, and click here to apply.
Feature image via ABC.