Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
AUDIENCE LIAISON, FESTIVALS - SECRET SOUNDS (Byron Bay)
With events such as Splendour In The Grass, Falls Festival and Download on their plate, Secret Sounds is a company not to be sneezed at in the music industry. They're currently looking for a people-minded person to take on the role of Festival Audience Liaison and reside in the office of the ever-so-lush surrounds of Byron Bay.
- Monitor and promptly respond to email / website enquiry channels for all Secret Sounds Festivals
- Monitor Festival social channels and respond promptly to any general enquiries, comments or private messages in relation to the Festivals
- Report trends, recurring points of confusion or angst amongst the Festival social media audiences and enquiries coming through via various Festival communication channels
- Report to manager any recurring enquiries so that communication channels can be updated or clarified
- Provide information and clarification on aspects of the festivals such as ticketing, lineup, timetables, transport, location etc. in response to enquiries
- Ensure that correct information has been posted via all festival communication channels and immediately work to resolve any incorrect information that may have been communicated / posted
- Protect the integrity of the Festivals’ Facebook pages and defuse complaints and hostility
- Develop customer service procedures and standards for dealing with enquiries
- Manage Crowdfind software for Lost & Found at Festivals, and oversee procedures for Lost Property pre-, during and post-event
- Provide briefing notes for Info staff at Festivals
- Answer all incoming calls to the Byron Bay office
- Meet and greet visitors at the Byron Bay office
- Book and receive couriers at Byron Bay office
- Experience in customer service / customer relations, preferably within the music industry
- Proven customer service skills and ability to successfully manage challenging situations to positive outcomes
- High level of computer literacy in Apple Mac and MS Office software and social media platforms
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise across multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail is a must
- An awareness of different stakeholders and an ability to sensitively manage messaging, relationships and situations
- Reliable, friendly and positive can do attitude
- A genuine team player, willing to wear any hat as needed
- Demonstrated passion for music
Interested? Send through your resume and cover letter to email@example.com today.
MUSIC ADMIN - WME (Sydney)
William Morris Entertainment is a major global heavyweight in the music industry, with hundreds of rostered artists and workers operating in offices in LA, New York, Nashville, London and Sydney. If you've got what it takes, you can join one of the most respected talent agencies in the business: there's an entry level Music Admin position available in WME's Sydney office, and we've heard that it's got your name on it.
- Answering phones, rolling calls
- Assisting Agent and the Assistant with basic administrative duties
- Scheduling meetings/appointments
- Keeping track of and filing expense reports
- Assist with preparation of travel itineraries
- Effective communication with Agent, department head and other offices
- Assisting with and entering offers
- Requesting promoter histories
- Issuing contracts, reviewing contract changes
- Tracking contracts and deposits
- Keeping records of all backup documentation
- General ticket counts
- Entering client information into database
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- A diverse knowledge of music and the industry
- Some experience at a music related entity is a plus.
Make the most out of this opportunity - click here to apply.
GUITAR TECHNICIAN - DYNAMIC MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Ever wanted a professional gig as a guitar tech? Dynamic Music, a respected instrument retailer in Sydney, is on the hunt for an experienced individual to join the team and learn all the tricks of the trade under the supervision of a nationally recognised luthier.
- A working knowledge of acoustic and electric guitars
- Apt playing skills
- Unpacking instruments
- Setting up instruments
- Quality checking
To apply, send your resume and any details of music experience to firstname.lastname@example.org