Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
EVENTS AND OPERATIONS MANAGER - UNIFY FESTIVAL (Melbourne)
Unify, one of Australia's favourite camping festivals showcasing the best local and international heavy acts, is currently seeking an Events and Operations Manager to jump on board and help organise the festivities for next year's event. Based in Richmond, this is a high level position suitable for an experienced industry professional.
- A people person – friendly, outgoing, and love being on the phone to clients
- Music driven – and we mean, “can’t imagine your day without it” type driven!
- Know your music, inside and out – and be confident to engage with our clients and talk confidently to them about their music requests
- Tech savvy – you know how to turn it on, boot it up, download it, run it, plug it in, save it
- Liaise and build rapport with our clients, and help source some new ones!
- Search our Music library for just the right songs to suit client briefs
- Prepare Hard Drives for client delivery
- Ad-hoc office admin & database maintenance
If this sounds like your cup of tea, head on over to Pedestrian TV and fill in the key criteria to get started.
MUSIC PROGRAMMER - FESTIVALS MORELAND (Melbourne)
If you've ever attended the Brunswick Music Festival, Sydney Road Street Party or Coburg Night Market and felt like you could have made it just a bit better, then this one's for you: Festivals Moreland are currently hiring a new Music Programmer to curate and cultivate the diverse range of musical acts throughout community events in the Brunswick area.
- Develop programs for the Brunswick Music Festival, Sydney Road Street Party and Coburg Night Market, in consultation with Festivals Program Producer
- Develop relationships with local artists/musicians and venues as required to inform programming
- Contribute to the development of Festival Marketing plans
- Liaise with artists and venues including, but not limited to checking availability, negotiating fees (within budget set by MCC), final booking, provide contracting details and securing technical requirements
- Liaise with MCC’s appointed Event Logistics company and other MCC staff as required
- Facilitate debriefs with artists and venues as required
- Attend program meetings and debriefs for each events
For more information and details on how to apply, check out the application criteria here.