Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
ARTIST MANAGER – VVV MANAGEMENT (Melbourne)
VVV MGMT are an Artist Management and Development Company who operate as a collective alongside 123 Agency and Creative Entertainment Agency in Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia. They’re looking for an ambitious, ethical and experienced Artist Manager to join their team.
- Work within a team directive across all main aspects of the management business
- Minimum 4 years working alongside either national or international acts at close quarters
- Label experience and/or having a roster is a bonus
- Provide operational oversight and reporting
- Maintain and expand networks & relationships
- Oversee marketing and market positioning of the artist
- Day-to-day communication flow to partners and contractors
- Provide robust creative feedback, counsel, and strategy to clients
- Look to expand opportunities for their roster & partners at all times
If this sounds like you, send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Artist Management Position’ prior to Friday January 12.
DIGITAL PRODUCER/ SOCIAL MEDIA – CLASSIC FM (Sydney/Melbourne)
ABC Classic FM is Australia's only national classical music network. It's their aim to share musical discovery and enjoyment with listeners everywhere. They’re currently looking for a highly skilled digital content maker to be part of their new digital team, and to work with their wider network team to develop great digital content for classical music lovers around Australia.
- A passion and knowledge of classical music
- Highly developed digital production skills
- Understanding of changing needs and habits of media audiences
- Excellent at teamwork, planning, communication, and generating creative ideas
- Demonstrated ability working with content management systems and social media platforms
- A working knowledge of current trends in music education
- Proven ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skills and background in social media
If you love classical music and have a great understanding of the digital world, apply for this position here before Monday January 8.
A&R / COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR – CHUGG MUSIC (Sydney)
Chugg Music is the management, record label and publishing division of Chugg Entertainment – one of Australia’s leading music companies. They're looking for a passionate and highly organised person to work in their Sydney office across their artist management and label roster.
- A genuine love of music
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent planning, time management and acute attention to detail and the ability to schedule effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure, to tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Understanding of content strategy across key artist-related social media channels including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
- A team player who also works well independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- At least 2 years’ experience in an A&R, marketing or a publicity role within the music industry
- Chugg Music welcomes applicants from all university and industry backgrounds. The role will emphasise learning and professional development within the Australian music industry.
- Support the Head of Chugg Music and work alongside the broader team on a range of artist-focused projects, including day-to-day artist management, live touring, label releases, and content creation
- Work directly with Chugg Music’s artists and professional partners on scheduling promotional activities, recording and writing sessions, social media activity, day-to-day management activity, and will facilitate communication between the teams
You can apply for this position by sending through a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position and highlighting your experience in the music industry (or related field) here by Friday January 5.