Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
HEAD OF OPERATIONS - MELBOURNE RECITAL CENTRE (Melbourne)
If you've ever wanted to be a top dog at one of Melbourne's finest arts and cultural institutions, now's your chance - the Melbourne Recitial Centre is looking for a new Head of Operations to manage and oversee the operations of the iconic venue for a fixed term of three years.
- Extensive experience in managing a perfoming arts venue in a senior operational position
- Proven leadership and people management skills, with a track record of goal setting and achievements
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with businesses and individuals
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Developing operational procedures for the staff and the venue itself
- Provide leadership and team management
- Demonstrate financial and commercial awareness
- Optimise operations of the venue
If this sounds like you, click here to see the full job requirements, and send a cover letter and resume covering the key criteria listed to Annabel Storey, Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
LABEL MANAGER - CAROLINE AUSTRALIA (Melbourne)
As on offshoot of the Universal Music Group, Caroline Australia are an emerging independent label, working with the likes of Catfish and the Bottlemen, Iggy Pop, Kllo and Alex Lahey in 2017. After a successful year, Caroline are expanding in 2018, and are looking for a label manager to jump on board and drive the label.
- 3+ years recent experience as a professional DJ in a similar environment
- Bring a vast knowledge of a variety of music, genres and age groups
- Ability to operate a variety of audio equipment
- To actively engage with large crowds and show strong relationship building skills
- Work well independently and also be able to thrive in a team working environment
- Ensuring the prompt and correct set-up, presentation, ambiance and operations of venues
- Constantly support and cross-promotes all revenue departments
- Always providing a positive customer experience and an adapting to a variety of guests
- Consistently upholding and demonstrating the Proud Values
- Actively hosting & co-hosting other onboard activities and events
To apply, check out the job listing in full here, and follow all the prompts to get started.