Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
MARKETING COORDINATOR - MELBOURNE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (Melbourne)
One of Australia's finest musical bodies, the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, is currently seeking a marketing professional to join their Southbank offices and direct the planning and implementation of the MSO's marketing operations.
SESSIONAL TECHNICIAN - MELBOURNE POLYTECHNIC (Melbourne)
As one of Melbourne's leading vocational institutions in the training of the music, theatre and entertainment sectors, Melbourne Polytechnic is currently accepting applications for sessional technicians to join their team and keep everything running smoothly on campus.
- Industry experience in equipment repair and maintenance in music, theatre and sound and/or a relevant qualification
- Experience working with computers and an ability to troubleshoot minor Apple computer hardware/software problems. Software the Department uses includes: Logic Audio, Sibelius, Pro-Tools, Abelton Live
- Provide recommendations to the Manager of Department in respect of replacement or upgrade of equipment
- Develop and maintain relevant OHS materials and an awareness of OHS within the department's programs
- Assist with promotional displays, presentations and workshops supporting the department's programs
- Elevated Work Platform license and an electrical tagging and testing license are preferred
- Current driver's license
To apply for this position, send a resume and expression of interest outlining your skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
MUSIC LOVING VOLUNTEERS - HAMMONDCARE CAULFIELD (Melbourne)
If you're looking for some volunteering to put on your resume or simply want to give back to the community, then this one's for you. HammondCare Caulfield is an independent charity specialising in dementia, palliative care, and mental health amongst the elderly, and are currently seeking applicants for three different volunteering roles - a Volunteer Piano Player, a Volunteer Elvis Enthusiast, and a Volunteer 50's Music Enthusiast.
You only have to give up one hour per week for these positions, and HammondCare even organises and pays for you to undertake a National Police Check so you can volunteer almost anywhere in Australia.
If you're keen to do some feel-good volunteering for a few older folks who need it the most, check out HammondCare volunteering and let them know which position you're interested in and why you're applying.