Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
TOUR MARKETING MANAGER – LIVE NATION AUSTRALASIA (Melbourne)
The Tour Marketing Manager will develop, coordinate and implement all tour-related marketing campaigns, across multiple media platforms. These campaigns will aim at driving ticket sales and fan engagement. The role is responsible for ensuring spends are effectively leveraged to achieve all campaign goals. Integration of digital & social media strategy, publicity & promotional activity as well as working hand in hand with Live Nation’s Commercial Marketing team will be key to a successful outcome.
- Marketing degree or similar
- 7+ years in a similar marketing role
- Excellent understanding of all marketing platforms
- Strategic thinking and planning, but very hands-on in approach to campaigns
- Highly organised and methodical, able to bring creativity, enthusiasm, and fresh ideas
- Industry experience is an asset
- Set up and manage marketing campaigns
- Originate assets as required for social media and advertising campaigns
- Liaise with Commercial Marketing team to ensure optimisation across all commercial channels
- Brief and approve media bookings both direct and via agency
- Liaison with the relevant record label to ensure mutually beneficial communications and plans
- Coordination and integration of publicity and promotional schedules from launch through to show date including: media releases, coordination and management of all media, photographer and reviewer lists, advance & on ground publicity schedules either internally or overseeing external publicist
- Compile and analyse reports, and present back to relevant teams
- Manage and develop relationships with media and digital platforms
- Collaborate with the Digital team on industry leading marketing initiatives & social media strategies
If this sounds like the job for you, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 18 October.
CURATOR – VIVID MUSIC (SYDNEY)
Vivid Sydney is a 23 day annual festival of light, music and ideas, featuring the world's most important creative industry forums, a mesmerising free public exhibition of outdoor lighting sculptures, a cutting edge contemporary music program and the spectacular lighting of the Sydney's iconic CBD buildings. In 2018, Vivid Sydney will take place from Friday May 25 – Saturday June 16.
- The Curator, Vivid Music will work collaboratively with Destination NSW's CEO/Executive Producer; Director, Event Development – Arts, Lifestyle & Entertainment; relevant staff of the Event Development Team; Vivid Sydney Creative Director; Vivid Sydney Project Director; Guest Curator(s); Government agencies and external partners
- To develop and curate an innovative and progressive Vivid Music program that may consist of: Live contemporary music events with Vivid Music partners or external stakeholders; live music events within Vivid Music's X|Celerate Program (a collaboration with the City of Sydney); live music events curated and produced by third-party event owners, promoters or venues; musical entertainment at Vivid Sydney hospitality or stakeholder events.
- Note: This scope of work explicitly excludes programming within Vivid LIVE at the Sydney Opera House.
- Includes scope for collaborative programming with Vivid Ideas to encompass music industry or music technology, or similarly centric conferencing or business events within the Vivid Ideas program. Increasing results in collaborative programming of this nature is desirable and encouraged.
- Selected content for Vivid Music should achieve a diverse program which presents credible, inspiring and innovative contemporary live performance across music industry, such as electronic music, cabaret, rock and pop, world, jazz, orchestral and symphonic presentations and other music genres/collaborations for the purpose of attracting intrastate, interstate and international creative practitioners and visitors alike.
- The program must align with Destination NSW's key strategic objectives.
To be considered for this position, review and download the Request for Quote (RFQ) at www.destinationnsw.com.au/contact-us/jobs and provide an itemised quotation and documentation per the requirements.
STAFF JOURNALIST – THE MUSIC NETWORK & RADIO TODAY (Sydney)
The Music Network is Australia's #1 music industry news channel. For 20 years, they’ve been the only Australian publication with journalists dedicated to the business of music. Radio Today publishes the inside word on all things radio for almost 15,000 readers every week and is the only 100% free, in-depth site for breaking news, survey analysis, feature stories, airplay charts and opinion pieces.
Jaden Social is the go-to digital agency for Australia's biggest music and entertainment brands with a team who have a genuine passion for the clients they work with. In 2017, Jaden Social acquired The Music Network and Radio Today, bringing both publications in-house to join a 25-strong team in Crows Nest.
- Strong news and/or feature reporting experience
- Digital publishing skills
- Some experience and contacts in the music and/or radio industry
- An editorial all-rounder with a sharp eye and a sense of humour.
- In a given week you might write an artist profile for their weekly Singles Report cover, cover daily breaking news, send off a few Q&As with industry figures, help their charts editor crunch some numbers, work on a juicy analytical piece, live-tweet a panel discussion, and do the online legwork on a cheeky tip that turns it into a serious story.
- You'll also help out with subbing copy, updating EDMs or social channels, researching stories, and brainstorming and planning future editorial.
They’re looking to hire for this role immediately, so if you’re interested, apply ASAP with your resume, a brief cover letter, and links to some relevant published work (and let them know what music you’re into for when you’re driving the office stereo).