Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
SECRET SOUNDS – TICKETING ASSISTANT (Melbourne)
Responsible for the operation and production of Splendour in the Grass and Falls Music and Arts Festival, Secret Sounds are one of Australia’s leading touring companies that spans all aspects of the music community. With an ever-expanding roster of activities and a need for new hands, Secret Sounds are currently seeking a Ticketing Assistant for a full time position based in Melbourne.
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar role, music/events/entertainment industry preferred
- Strong computer literacy –proficiency across Outlook, Word. High level of Excel skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively in a manner consistent with the culture and across all levels
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, sensitive to relationships and situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for music
- This position also requires extensive travel and work outside regular business hours to cover music festivals around Australia
- Providing support to the Ticketing Coordinator and General Manager
- Liaising with ticket agents for sales to customers
- Customer service assistance
- Onsite event work
- Complimentary ticket requests and issuing
- Accreditation requests and production/distribution
If this sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter detailing the selection criteria through to Anika at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WARNER MUSIC AUSTRALIA – MARKETING COORDINATOR (Sydney)
One of the largest international label divisions operating in Australia, Warner Music Australia are currently accepting applications for a Marketing Coordinator to join their Commercial Marketing division in Sydney on a 12 month contract.
- Previous experience in marketing, ideally from within an entertainment industry environment
- Effective administrative and support skills
- Strong passion for music
- Ability to work as a team building relationships with internal and external parties
- Be able to multi task projects while placing importance on attention to detail
- Flexible and accustomed to working in a dynamic environment while being deadline focused
- Must be a self-starter with a record for taking initiative to deliver results
- Organised and proactive with experience in managing projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience with the following software/platforms: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe Suites
- Experience in digital marketing & social media highly regarded
- Completed a marketing course (highly advantageous)
- Providing support to the Commercial Marketing team
- Various administrative duties
- Working closely with sales and production to achieve successful results
To apply for this position, email both a covering letter and resume detailing all relevant experience to email@example.com. Please note: applications close Friday September 15.
SHOWCALL CREWING PTY LTD – STAGEHAND (SYDNEY)
Have you ever dreamed of being a roadie? Does the idea of wearing a black t-shirt and cargo shorts and scurrying around backstage with a flashlight between your teeth while some of the biggest names in music play sound enticing? If so, then Showcall Crewing is currently seeking a variety of stage, steel, and forklift crew members to assist in the production of an assortment of NSW stadium shows this year.
- A satisfactory level of fitness is needed for this position
- Steel Crew members must possess an OH&S White Card
- Must have some knowledge about musical performance production
- Must be over 18 and possess a valid Tax File Number
- Assisting in the setting up of the stage load in
- Participating in the packing down of the stage load out
- All day auxiliary/support work on music festivals
If you’re interested in chasing this opportunity, applications must be processed through the employment section of the website at Show Call Crewing. To apply, fill out the online application, complete the online WHS questionnaire, include any work you might have done (even if it is unrelated) and a little about yourself.