Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
DOWN THE HIGHWAY – TOURING AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (BYRON BAY)
Down The Highway is looking for a gun individual to join the business in the part-time role of Touring & Operations Assistant. Based out of Byron Bay, Down The Highway is an entertainment visa and touring company, working closely with artist’s teams to manage all of their touring arrangements in Australian and overseas. They also handle the procurement of entertainment visas for Australian bands performing overseas, and international artists coming to Australia.
- Booking and advancing travel requirements including flights, accommodation and ground
- Assisting with venue advances
- Building worksheets and MasterTour workbooks
- Compiling and submitting visa applications
- Assisting with bookings for the agency roster
- Maintaining calendars
- Managing digital platforms
- Good knowledge of Office Suite, Dropbox and Google apps
- Lover of Excel and spreadsheets
- Ability to work autonomously
- High level of attention to detail (OCD traits are welcomed)
- Proactive, positive and a problem solver
The role is best suited to someone with a keen interest in the administrative side of touring. Prior experience in the industry is preferred and office hours can be flexible around external commitments.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing Friday April 21.
SMOOTH FM – PROGRAM DIRECTOR (SYDNEY, 12 MONTH PARENTAL LEAVE COVER)
Nova Entertainment are a fast growing entertainment company with broad interests across the media industry. From successful radio brands Nova, smoothfm, FIVEaa and Starfm to thriving digital assets including novafm.com.au, smooth.com.au and many exciting mobile apps they are well placed to reach 9 million consumers each week. They’re looking for a network Program Director for smoothfm who will be responsible for the successful execution of all station strategies. This individual will ensure all on-air tactics are consistent with the smooth brand values and are compelling to listeners as well as supporting our sales goals while managing the team.
- Ensuring that smoothfm remains the No 1 ‘easy place to relax’
- Regular feedback / airchecking and developing the on air talent
- Forward planning for station survey tactic ideas in conjunction with the Head of Programming and Group Program Director
- Previous experience managing a team and liaising with talent
- Excellent presentation, advanced administrative and research skills
- Being flexible and adaptable to work outside of core hours
- Minimum of 5 years of programming experience within radio.
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, please apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com.
MUSHROOM GROUP – STUDIO COORDINATOR (MELBOURNE)
The Mushroom Group are Australia’s largest independent music and entertainment organisation. Based out of Albert Park, they boast a proud history that contains a number of companies representing a wide variety of facets of the entertainment industry.
They are seeking an outgoing, energetic and savvy studio coordinator to join the growing boutique creative arm, Mushroom Creative House. You would be working closely with record labels, touring companies, booking agents and publishers, amongst other clients within the music & entertainment industry.
Ideally the candidate would have agency experience, with an understanding of process, superb organisation skills, clear communicator and an approachable positive attitude. The role will help drive productivity and happiness of a small team, always keeping your finger on the pulse across all projects as they’re planned and progress.
- Level of understanding of agency process
- 1-3 years experience in account service or similar role
- Knowledge of briefing, scheduling and management of small team
- Excellent organizational and people management skills
- Understanding of the creative process
- Desire to develop and grow internal business relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organization and problem solving skills
- Approachable, friendly and positive
- Clear communicator
- Confidence and initiative to lead the studio, anticipating studio needs and planning accordingly
- Planning all incoming work through the creative department
- Coordination of studio resources – planning and task scheduling (daily + weekly forecast)
- Booking all creative meetings, WIP’s, Presentations and pre-production meetings
- Overseeing jobs and ensuring they are on track, on time and within budget
- Ensure timesheets are completed on time
- Manage current client relationships and campaigns
- Manage the briefing, scheduling, estimating and invoicing process
- Coordination of print supplies + internal print job requests
- Assisting Managers with meeting agendas, meeting reports, research, proposals and other client communication as required
If this sounds like you then send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 28.